• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: 180,000 Manga Readers Vote for Their Most Wanted Anime Adaptation

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Im still surprised that komi-san has not been adapted into an anime by now, it is practically the most popular slice-of-life-romance-comedy series that is in current print.

The people want it so it is clear that they should do it.
tintor2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Maybe Boichi's Sunkenrock?
Lactobacillus yogurti

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Dungeon Meshi. I feel it'd be much more fun than all the crappy isekai they've been making nowadays.
Super_M

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:55 pm Reply with quote
Act-age and Chainsawman are WSJ series so chances that they gets anime adaptation are very high. I think Chainsaw it's that kind of series that will be pretty popular at west when gets anime.

Little dissapoit that Vanitas and Jigokuraku don't geted at that list.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:16 pm Reply with quote
>Komi

Yeah, that's gonna be a hard no. Bad art and horribly boring, it'd be a waste of resources to adapt. I haven't read anything else on the list unfortunately, but I hear good things about Chainsawman and the yakuza one. I'd kill for another Baby Steps season.
cchigu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:
Im still surprised that komi-san has not been adapted into an anime by now, it is practically the most popular slice-of-life-romance-comedy series that is in current print.

The people want it so it is clear that they should do it.
That would be Kaguya-sama. But yeah, I also wonder why Komi-san still hasn't been adapted considering its immense popularity.
fantaselion

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:49 pm Reply with quote
FilthyCasual wrote:
>Komi

Yeah, that's gonna be a hard no. Bad art and horribly boring, it'd be a waste of resources to adapt. I haven't read anything else on the list unfortunately, but I hear good things about Chainsawman and the yakuza one. I'd kill for another Baby Steps season.

Considering Komi-san's popularity and the way you worded it, this sounds like bait to me.
Gurren Rodan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Komi-san has been a charming read so far, with some good themes about overcoming insecurities and other things. It's nothing profound, but with the right team an anime adaptation could become a classic.
kae kurono

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:12 pm Reply with quote
tintor2 wrote:
Maybe Boichi's Sunkenrock?

Hell no not unless you want that masterpiece to look like a mediocre tv anime crap that's censored to hell & back.

Best course of action would be to animate it into a OVA with a strong budget but i doubt that'll ever happen because it'll decrease the chances of reaching a wider audience.

I'll weather just get a western physical release for the manga already & it'll be golden. no anime adaptation required.
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:15 pm Reply with quote
FilthyCasual wrote:
>Komi

You, sir, are a true contrarian. A surprise, considering your username.
Marzan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:23 pm Reply with quote
I’d love an adaptation of anything by Hiroki Endo. I know the time for something like Eden is past, but maybe All Rounder Meguru? A semi- realistic MMA sport story? I can only dream.
I’d also love to see Ooku made into a tv series. It would have the chance of becoming a sleeper hit me thinks.
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Even though it wasn't on the list, I would love to see Tomo-chan is a girl get an anime.
Dicku-kun

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:51 pm Reply with quote
I have a feeling if they adapt Sun Ken Rock, they'd have the impression to do the CG-thing like Baki because the art "is so good it looks like 3d" and I wouldn't want that lol.
IamBatman20

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:58 pm Reply with quote
I would love a The Apothecary Diaries anime adaptation.
R. Kasahara

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:18 pm Reply with quote
The Way of the Househusband hasn't quite clicked with me in manga form, but in the right hands, it could make for an excellent anime.

Marzan wrote:
I’d also love to see Ooku made into a tv series. It would have the chance of becoming a sleeper hit me thinks.

Ooku got a live-action movie and TV series. Dunno how it would do as an anime, but maybe it could be the next Descending Stories.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2