• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Darwin's Game

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:56 pm Reply with quote
All in all, a decent show that I will likely never watch again. The plot and action was very B-Movie like the reviewer said. I think the main thing holding it back was the animation, it was never stellar, but there were points when it was simply unbearable to look at.

I found it funny how Kaname went from reluctant to Terminator when he saw his dead friend. I mean I get that his sudden John Wick-ness was a result of him training with Danjo, but still it was so abrupt that I couldnt help but find it humorous.

I was also a bit disappointed that Xuelan didn't show up at the end. Im sure thats because not what happened in the manga, but it wouldnt have hurt to make her part of that territory defense scene at the end, not like the anime is getting a second season (probably). I mean her episode, and a couple before it, built her up as the strongest player, but after she joins Sunset Ravens, she just disappears for no real reason. Would have been interesting to see how the other players react to both the number one and number two players being in the same clan.

The Scream Man wrote:
Its way better than Kings game. Way... WAY better....

Not a very high bar there...but at least King's Game was enjoyable to laugh at with how ridiculous everyone and everything was.

Quote:
Not as good as The Future Diary though.

Speaking of low bars.
Leviathonlx

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:13 pm Reply with quote
The anime was alright but too much was cut mostly since it was clear this was never going to get more than 1 season. At least the manga is way better and I love where the story has went.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2