• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dragon695

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:55 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Overall this is a very strong show that clearly showcases the passion of Yuasa and all the creative staff behind it. I agree that it would be nice to have more of this wonderful passion project, but 12 episodes managed to convey the intention and soul of this anime.

It is early in the year, but it is going to be hard for another anime to top Eizouken! in terms of creativity and overall quality.

The money being spent on an inferior Live Action version would be better spent on more of this. How on earth can they expect to top the expressiveness of the imaginary worlds in live action? That’s like 75% of the series charm.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:22 pm Reply with quote
^ Cute idol actor sell anime we've been through this
They're the real world Mizusaki
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Kiskaloo wrote:
Richard Attenborough Voice

"Welcome...to Daicon IV."

My pick for Best Show of 2020. Absolute perfection. Bring on a second cour.

I'm confused at your use of "Cour", especially when italicized like that. The season is 100% over. So while it would also be a second "cour", anything that comes next would be a second Season. Also, Yuasa tweeted earlier today something that seemed to imply that it's definitely possible to them to do another season. I hope it happens. While I don't think this was a 10/10 like other people here do, I did give it a 9/10 because it felt a bit "in your face" at times and it having HS kids create animation of that quality is beyond unrealistic. I know "being unrealistic is fine" and w/e but something like this I feel like aims to inspire and might give kids impossible goals to beat.
dm
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:53 pm Reply with quote
I don't know. The live-action Moyashimon worked okay.

I was really disappointed to realize this was the last episode, but I was charmed by the end-"card" animation by the manga-ka.

Two years ago animation students at the Nihon University College of Arts did teasers for
Hands off Eizouken!. One of those was live-action (and one was a cute combination of live-action and animation): animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2018-11-06/students-animate-eizo-ken-ni-wa-te-o-dasu-na-manga-for-college-contest/.139138

Here's a link to a search for all the entries:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=0%3A01+%2F+0%3A48+『映像研には手を出すな!』/日藝学生PVコンテスト
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:32 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
it having HS kids create animation of that quality is beyond unrealistic. I know "being unrealistic is fine" and w/e but something like this I feel like aims to inspire and might give kids impossible goals to beat.

While the resources that Eizouken had at the high school probably would be unrealistic for most high school kids in America, I would say the quality of what they produced is perfectly believable for high school kids. Something which real high school kids could do with the resources they have and could purchase. Really the show's best feature is to show, that if you are willing to put the time in and dedicate yourself to the work you can make something to.

Personally, I thought that Kanamori had the hardest job. Knowing when to let the creatives loose, and when to reign them in; all the while keeping the friendships together. A complex balancing act, that has been the death of many a band or group.
Panino Manino

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:40 am Reply with quote
What was the message?
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:19 am Reply with quote
^ Anime's real cool, y'all
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:20 am Reply with quote
Panino Manino wrote:
What was the message?

It is fantastic to have big dreams but be ready to face the challenges that come with it. Also, learn to compromise.
jdnation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:16 am Reply with quote
Great show! As an aspiring creative back in school, it hits all the right feels!

Those who know those feelings and grinding crunch will 'get' this show.

That said, I wouldn't overhype this to general audiences. It's for the sort who also dig stuff like Shirobako, and Bakuman, though the latter also had much more character drama that made it more interesting.

That said, the real gem of this season for me goes to Dorohedoro. Feel many are missing that one.
dm
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Looking at the manga, the anime covers only the first three of five volumes so far, so there's probably material for another season.
Kiskaloo
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:02 pm Reply with quote
dm wrote:
Looking at the manga, the anime covers only the first three of five volumes so far, so there's probably material for another season.

And Dark Horse just picked up the manga. Very Happy

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-03-24/dark-horse-licenses-keep-your-hands-off-eizouken-mob-psycho-100-reigen-manga/.157789
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:46 am Reply with quote
God I hope this gets a dub. It's 12 episodes so if Discotek were to get it they'd probably get one done by Sound Cadence.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9