• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Interspecies Reviewers

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GhostD

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Its almost over and its been a wild ride in every sense of the word. Lets hope they end it well and on a high note.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Junk? Next you are going to say that a "lemon out of ten" is not a helpful review rating.
JaffaOrange

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:05 pm Reply with quote
encrypted12345 wrote:
So far, it seems like they are skipping chapter 22 (by incorporating the world building of that chapter and skipping the centaur sex) and doing chapter 23 and 25 for episode 11 (two chapters kind of light on the sex, but also kind of thematically linked, so it makes sense). I could see them either ending with chapter 24 and 26 or skip 24 by glossing over the minor plot details that it gives while ending with chapter 26 and 27. Adapting 24 would let the last episode have the weirdest sex while adapting 27 is a more fitting conclusion, sonI'm fine either way. That said, if they do skip 24, I hope it becomes an OVA.

I hope they adapt 27 because it has imo the best joke in the series.
Smeagol_17

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:48 am Reply with quote
Incubus is named Levit Thealigra, Samturn/Samtahn was the demon reviewer ftom the first episode.
aaa1e2r3

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:46 am Reply with quote
So the adventurers seem to be operating on some type of Gig-Economy?
Key

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:17 am Reply with quote
^
Adventuring in fantasy worlds has always been a "gig-economy" format.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GhostD

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:40 pm Reply with quote
That was a really fun ride. My only regret is that this didn't last longer. I hope this gets a 2nd season someday (despite the controversies) once the manga gets more chapters.
TichoSlicer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Man, i wasn't expecting anything from this series and it ended up as my top 1 for the Season... I really hope we get a Season 2 someday and i also hope that the series being dropped from some sites/channels won't discourage other projects like this one in the future... ;x
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:27 am Reply with quote
The best show of the season ended and it went out with both a bang and a whimper. And there was no other way it would have ended.

Rating: "Yeah, that's it" out of ten.

I would like to see a second season but even more than that, I'd like to see the first season officially get licensed or unlicensed or relicensed. Something of that nature.
Izanagi009

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:02 am Reply with quote
I must admit that parts of this show have me fascinated enough to want to watch it past the first episode (uncensored since the censoring is really obtuse)

The fact that it has enough of a brain to play with fantasy and fantasy race tropes in such a sexually charged way and the fact that, from what i've seen and compared to most fanservice show, the women are treated with more respect and power is enough to make me want to consider trying to watch at least one episode a day given this mess.

But yeah, if it is what Mr. Martin says it is, it's a smartly written and expertly executed show with something for both fanservice people, fantasy lovers and just comedy fans in general
Elves

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:41 pm Reply with quote
Izanagi009 wrote:
I must admit that parts of this show have me fascinated enough to want to watch it past the first episode... But yeah, if it is what Mr. Martin says it is, it's a smartly written and expertly executed show with something for both fanservice people, fantasy lovers and just comedy fans in general

It is really smartly written for such lewd content. I know I wouldn't usually touch it with a 10 foot pole, but I gave it a chance and have enjoyed it immensely. Even if everyone I know thinks I've given in to "the dark side" of anime and looks at me like Mederi looks at the guys sometimes. Laughing

Interspecies Reviewers ended up being one of my favorite shows of the season. I loved it for its humor and well written fantasy world. I've picked up the manga and will continue my love affair with Crim, er...cough, the story from here on in. Until, like others are hoping, we eventually get a second season.
Covnam

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:38 am Reply with quote
Definitely a great way to end the series (here's hoping for a 2nd season!). I love the world building. It'd be an easy guess to presume that the answers to things like pregnancy and STDs was magic, but it's still nice to get a confirmation (though I still wonder which species can reproduce with which, obviously succubi, but is it pretty open beyond that? I wouldn't put it past this series to eventually answer that).
I love the conversation and all the info that got dropped between Death Abyss and Demia. I just recently got the 2nd & 3rd volumes of the far less fan service focused manga, so I hope there's more to find in there while I await a 2nd season Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 13 of 13