• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Plunderer

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:
Well, I for one will stick to the reviews.

You made the right decision. After watching it, I'm not only disgusted with the series, I'm also annoyed that Richard's warning was so insufficient for what they did.

Quote:
Why is Hina left out?

The more important question is "why does Hina feel left out?" Not content with just the worn-out, creaky trope of girls obsessing over being too small-busted, they serve up the pernicious fiction of "too unattractive (here, too flat-chested) to assault" (while adding insult to injury by making Hina the vehicle to deliver it). Then they double down on it, making her disappointed that she's not being assaulted, so much so that she pads herself with apples trying to invite it. On top of all that, we have both Hina and Sonohara apologizing for being assaulted. JFC.

And that's not even getting into the "fan service" itself, which was disturbing as hell, with creepy drooling Licht on the floor eagerly waiting for the moment the hands spread Lynn's legs.

#903234 wrote:
Sound like some of viewers are more hurt than the "victims" themselves.lol

Found the target audience. Rolling Eyes

One thing I learned in this episode is that Jail's adoptive father is apparently Bono.
yeehaw

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:10 pm Reply with quote
#903234 wrote:
dragon695 wrote:
I’d pay to see another man sexually assault licht so he can see how it feels to be on the other end of unwelcome advances. Seriously, for all the positive points, I just can’t stand it anymore. I’m out.

The girls were totally unaffected by licht sexual advances, and they still love him anyway. Sound like some of viewers are more hurt than the "victims" themselves.lol

The girls are clearly uncomfortable when they get molested, and they fall for Licht anyway because they are bad characters in a bad show by a hack writer.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:09 am Reply with quote

And I'm still here, for some reason. Rolling Eyes

I'm surprised that no one, even Schumelmann (sorry, I'm never going to call him Schmerman no matter what the subs say), didn't notice or comment on the fact that Rihito was completely unaffected by the killing intent, even though he was at point blank range and its target, and even though it brought people throughout the auditorium to their knees.
Kibako

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Most of the time Jail'd proven that he was in fact the MC of this manga/anime.
spoiler[And one with guts indeed when he kabedon'd Nana and kissed her]
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 1:26 am Reply with quote

That was a good episode up until the ridiculous end. At least it wasn't a goofy panty shot or something like that. I think a heartfelt kiss might've done the job though. Can't wait for the jokes when she arrives in the present topless. Rolling Eyes

There are still a lot of unanswered questions about the past as it affects the present though. How did Schumelmann become so psychopathically evil? His past version seemed like a decent guy in a difficult position who did care about the students, instead of the Johann-like man he became. Why did they do the procedure on the others? What's his pink-haired doctor's deal? Her evil feels like she's always been that way, whereas the others seem to have become so over the centuries. Maybe that answers my question... Time does change people.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:46 am Reply with quote
Quote:
If Tokikaze died 300 years ago, how can he be Hina's father?

She kept his sperm in cryostasis for 300 years? I think the question may be why Hina isn't 300 years old. Or why her mother waited 300 years to give birth to her. As for her mother, I assumed she was one of the classmates chosen to be Aced. But I dunno. I'm just relieved that Licht isn't Hina's father.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:35 am Reply with quote

For a minute I thought Hina was finally going to have a use for her riding helmet.

Quote:
Want to do something interesting? Go back and watch Pele's face in the second half of the episode. His reactions don't tend to match Hina and Lynn's.

I did. I didn't see any major mismatch until they shoved a gun in Lynn's mouth. Then, where Hina and Lynn were terrified, he was angry, which seemed appropriate, given his obvious feelings for her. So I don't know what I was supposed to be seeing, except maybe a lack of shock at finding out Hina had a Ballot.

She sure doesn't treat that thing like it's precious. I'd have it carefully wrapped up in swaddling, but she just has it tossed in her bag like it was a lipstick.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Not all that many loose ends tied up for a finale, and those that were weren't tied very tightly. My lol moment was noticing that among the mob of villagers chasing Licht was literally a swaddled babe in arms, who looked just as angry as the rest of them.

Overall I feel like there was a good story here, but the mean-spirited sense of humor and fan service just overshadowed nearly everything else they tried to do. Too bad. I liked Jail at least, though he was about the only one.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3