• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sailor Moon Eternal Film Reveals Cast, Teaser Video, Visual

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:47 am Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
Could you please elaborate on this? .

What would you like to know? She doesn't want to answer questions about SM, refuses to draw SM and is none too pleased when you show her artwork she drew from SM.
NJ_

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:59 am Reply with quote
^Sounds like Ikuhara except IIRC, that was during events specific to his other works.

Still that's unfortunate.....
ArgoCub2015

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:40 am Reply with quote
First off , here's how I feel

While I am excited for it, I am very disappointed that they are rehasing or reusing attack scenes from the shitty 90's season 4 series. I was hoping for something new and different vs something that's already been done before. Toei really needs to stop servicing to fan service and created something NEW and Different.
whiskeyii

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:23 am Reply with quote
Everlasting Coconut wrote:

It's definitely similar, but not quite the same. This image does a great job at showing the differences in character design over the years.

Thanks for that! I can definitely see that the movie style looks a bit more moe-ified compared to the promo art for Season 3 (though I'm wholly confused about why that chart uses promo art and not in-show art, since promo art tends to be gussied up for ads and whatnot).
LadyKuzunoha

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:48 am Reply with quote
As disappointed as I have been overall with Crystal-related SM projects, this one doesn't seem all that bad at first glance. With the way this year is going, though, I'm pretty certain the release will be postponed.

Cutiebunny wrote:
NJ_ wrote:
Could you please elaborate on this? .

What would you like to know? She doesn't want to answer questions about SM, refuses to draw SM and is none too pleased when you show her artwork she drew from SM.

I wonder if the first two parts are mostly an issue that she's tired of being associated with it constantly when she's worked on (and even created) other series. The third thing may be a dash of "old shame", which isn't uncommon among artists from what I've seen - in the case of artists I've known personally, they think art they made last year is bad, so one can only imagine how intense that feeling might be twenty years or more down the line.
Zeino

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:29 am Reply with quote
Cutiebunny wrote:

Are you sure about that?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=456&v=z3t8YIHGmWQ&feature=emb_title

This was from 2 years ago.... Perhaps you just caught her in a bad mood at the time?
mohamedshawqi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:55 am Reply with quote
This looks so beautiful!
rainbowrabbit

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:57 pm Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
I wish they’d kept season 3 of Crystal’s art style

Not me. The season 3 animation was horrible.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2