• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Inuyasha Anime Gets Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon TV Spinoff This Fall

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 11:49 pm Reply with quote
I enjoyed Inuyasha in my younger years though I still have never seen all of it which I guess I’ll have to change now. I think the NHK poll likely played a role in Inuyasha getting a sequel but this is also the 20th anniversary of the anime. I’m excited Viz has the rights and I hope they can get the Ocean dub cast back for this. It would be great to see the new series on Toonami on Saturday nights. I’m also glad this is going to be a TV show and not just a one off movie. I hope they make it like another 100+ show.
Lycosyncer

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 12:05 am Reply with quote
An Inuyasha sequel centering on Inuyasha and Sesshomaru's daughters? That is an unexpected surprise to be sure and I wonder if this will have a better reception than what Boruto has been getting.

I would have thought that this Towa with the modern clothes is a boy at first but now finding out that she's a girl and that she originally came from the Feudal era before being trapped in the modern era for 10 years before finally returning to be quite fascinating so this does provide a different contrast with the original series.

Now like everyone else, I think I do get an idea of who is the most likely one to bear Sesshomaru's children and man, spoiler[ if Kagura survived the series then maybe she would have been the one because Sesshomaru/Kagura is a popular pairing but since she's unfortunately dead now and looking at what other female character that has been very close to him the most and that's Rin and granted, it would most likely to happen once when she has grown much older and when she is of legal age but man, it does feel rather iffy. But hilariously, if that is true then maybe Inuyasha should have the right to brag to Sesshomaru's face about this hilarious irony despite their past clashes.]

Since Viz has confirmed that they have the rights to this upcoming sequel and does have the streaming rights and home video rights as well, it's pretty much set that we will be getting an English dub of the sequel and it would be great to hear the Ocean Studios dub cast back again.

Lastly, since we are expecting almost all of the original Japanese voice cast to come back to reprise the returning characters but with the sad exception of Miroku's since he passed away recently, if Miroku returns in the sequel then he will definitely get a recast.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 12:09 am Reply with quote
RenRen94 wrote:

Also, $5 says Koga and Ayame have a boy who becomes infatuated with Moroha. Let's go Rumiko Takahashi, prove me wrong! Laughing

lol! I love that thought. That would be fun.
crazieanimefan1

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 12:18 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
RenRen94 wrote:

Also, $5 says Koga and Ayame have a boy who becomes infatuated with Moroha. Let's go Rumiko Takahashi, prove me wrong! Laughing

lol! I love that thought. That would be fun.

LOL That would be cute. Yet what if Shippo has kids now and one wants to flirt with her? Oh god...Shippo not being a baby anymore. That's heartbreaking. lol
Psajdak

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 12:29 am Reply with quote
Talk about unexpected.

Rumiko Takahashi's style is awesome, btw.
strawberry_milk

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 12:37 am Reply with quote
Whoa. Finding out in the same day that Temuera Morrison is going to be in The Mandalorian, and Inuyasha is getting a sequel spinoff.

Cool Cool Cool
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 12:42 am Reply with quote
Lycosyncer wrote:
Now like everyone else, I think I do get an idea of who is the most likely one to bear Sesshomaru's children and man, spoiler[ if Kagura survived the series then maybe she would have been the one because Sesshomaru/Kagura is a popular pairing but since she's unfortunately dead now and looking at what other female character that has been very close to him the most and that's Rin and granted, it would most likely to happen once when she has grown much older and when she is of legal age but man, it does feel rather iffy. But hilariously, if that is true then maybe Inuyasha should have the right to brag to Sesshomaru's face about this hilarious irony despite their past clashes.]

It has been forever since I read it, but I think spoiler[Kagura] was treated as a full demon so the daughters would be too then.

It pretty much has to be Rin. He doesn't seem likely to have met another human woman who just fell in love with him in a (for him) relatively short time frame. He isn't exactly super sociable.
Niyari

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 12:43 am Reply with quote
good premise. i wonder if it'll maintain the same brutality of the original series or go full boruto. hopefully the former since most of the original staff are returning
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 12:49 am Reply with quote
So Takahashi didn't actually write this, just gave her stamp of approval and original character designs?

I think what I'm kind of interested in is that it sounds like Kagome could maybe go home to visit her family through this new tunnel, unless they've come up with a reason it's restricted to, I dunno, hanyou or something. That would be nice if she could.
Haterater

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 12:53 am Reply with quote
Like the premise of the plot plus points for it being all girls. Just getting more interesting for me.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 1:10 am Reply with quote
Very interesting that Inuyasha gets a revival in this form. You can definitely tell Moroha is Inuyasha's daughter. As for the twins...dear Buddha I hope their mother isn't Rin because that is SOOOO awkward

Last edited by AiddonValentine on Sat May 09, 2020 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 1:31 am Reply with quote
read the character bios on the site. Moroha seems to be a bounty hunter that lived apart from her parents?! Wut u doing Kagome and InuYasha?!
Skyletv

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 1:48 am Reply with quote
WTF! There are unexpected things and then there's this xD.

All the protagonists being girls makes it better and Towa definitely fooled most of us with that look.
Hakase

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 1:57 am Reply with quote
I know I'm giving myself false hope but I hope it will have yuri
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 2:12 am Reply with quote
I recently read about the daughter of Inuyasha and Kagome on Twitter and it says:
Quote:
She lived by herself alone since she was a little and doesn't know about her parents that much.

So that means Inuyasha, Kagome, Sesshomaru and Rin are spoiler[dead?!] The fandom will be very pissed and outraged if they are spoiler[ dead] in the sequel. What a sh*tty writing and waste of time.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6