• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Inuyasha Anime Gets Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon TV Spinoff This Fall

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
-SP-

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 2:26 am Reply with quote
ErikaD.D wrote:
I recently read about the daughter of Inuyasha and Kagome on Twitter and it says:
Quote:
She lived by herself alone since she was a little and doesn't know about her parents that much.

So that means Inuyasha, Kagome, Sesshomaru and Rin are spoiler[dead?!] The fandom will be very pissed and outraged if they are spoiler[ dead] in the sequel. What a sh*tty writing and waste of time.

In the visual, it shows Inuyasha and Sesshomaru in the background, so they might make an appearance.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 2:44 am Reply with quote
ErikaD.D wrote:
I recently read about the daughter of Inuyasha and Kagome on Twitter and it says:
Quote:
She lived by herself alone since she was a little and doesn't know about her parents that much.

So that means Inuyasha, Kagome, Sesshoumaru and Rin are spoiler[dead?!] The fandom will be very pissed and outraged if they are spoiler[ dead] in the sequel. What a sh*tty writing and waste of time.

No idea how you jumped to that conclusion lol. spoiler[It's very unlikely that they're dead]. I'm sure it will be an important plot point as to why she lived separately.

I also just noticed that the article says this is airing in the FALL. HOW?!?! lmao. That's insane but very welcome. That poll was definitely unrelated to this. No way they could make it so fast
zztop

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 2:48 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
ErikaD.D wrote:
Quote:

So that means Inuyasha, Kagome, Sesshoumaru and Rin are spoiler[dead?!] The fandom will be very pissed and outraged if they are spoiler[ dead] in the sequel. What a sh*tty writing and waste of time.

No idea how you jumped to that conclusion lol. spoiler[It's very unlikely that they're dead]. I'm sure it will be an important plot point as to why she lived separately.

I also just noticed that the article says this is airing in the FALL. HOW?!?! lmao. That's insane but very welcome. That poll was definitely unrelated to this. No way they could make it so fast

They could've started planning and production months ago, but only chose to announce it now.
Thaumana

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 6:43 am Reply with quote
I never knew that I need an Inu Yasha spinoff in my life until now.
MushroomMan674

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 6:44 am Reply with quote
Feeling a lot more like 2004 again between a new Bleach anime, an InuYasha spinoff, and a Case Closed English home video release.
SnowWarren

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 7:31 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
ErikaD.D wrote:
Quote:

spoiler[Kagome, Sango and Miroku could be dead from old age since we don't know how much time has passed since the Final Act.] We'll be able to tell from how old Kohaku looks, which brings me to my next point. spoiler[If Sesshomaru is still alive then why is Kohaku basically raising/training Setsuna. If she's Rin's daughter, could Sesshomaru have abandoned her out of grief after Rin died due to their resemblance?]
Ushio

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 7:56 am Reply with quote
cookiemanstah wrote:
Kougeru wrote:

No it does not mean that. Sesshoumaru is 900+ years old. The end of the original series spoiler[she left his side for over 10+ years at the least so she's definitely an adult by the time they get together, IF they do.] no problem

well he's known her since she was a kid and like you said, is over 900+ years old.

It's really obviously going to be the case but people that claim it's not creepy make me wonder if they think a certain other initially heartwarming animanga about a mopey adult guy coming to raise orphaned castoff wasn't *creepy as hell* later

but this is probably a whatever nitpick in the eyes of most people

Then wasn't Kagome and Inuyasha a creepy couple since 15 year old girl and centuries old half demon?

It's the Wolverine (or any immortal/long lived character) problem they are perpetually in the want to have relationships and sex stage of life while everyone around them is a baby.
SP654

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 8:27 am Reply with quote
OMG I didn’t know they were making a spinoff series of Inyuyasha!!!
ILOVEITToo

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 8:59 am Reply with quote
cookiemanstah wrote:
if it's Rin, that means Sesshomaru is a pedophile and it would be really creepy to see those ships people still cast out anyway become real

If she can get pregnant then that means that she is at least teenager. In medieval japan period, it was normal to marry teenage girl
Kirki

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 9:01 am Reply with quote
I will be very surprised if the mother turns out to be Rin, because if I remember correctly, the creator did not like at all that some people shipped Rin and Sesshomaru. Like, strongly rejected it.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 9:08 am Reply with quote
So, it's Shogakukan's answer to Boruto. Also, still surprised Mao hasn't been licensed yet.
zztop

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 9:47 am Reply with quote
Kirki wrote:
I will be very surprised if the mother turns out to be Rin, because if I remember correctly, the creator did not like at all that some people shipped Rin and Sesshomaru. Like, strongly rejected it.

I heard the Japanese fanbase shipped Rin and Sesshomaru pretty strongly in contrast though.
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 10:15 am Reply with quote
I did not expect this, I'm not too familiar with Inuyasha but I have some friends who are big fans and they're pretty excited about this new series. It's also good to hear that Viz got the rights for latin-america, The Final Act got dubbed in 2016 with most of the original cast returning, and that was a relief for fans since the movies got dubbed with a different cast (the series was dubbed in Mexico, but for some reason the movies got dubbed in Venezuela).
Now I wonder if they're going to keep Kagome's name as it is or if they'll still use her translated name, Ahome, since series like Captain Tsubasa '18 and Sailor Moon Crystal used the original japanese names instead of the old westernized names.
NisaRF

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 10:35 am Reply with quote
Why everyone just assume that Sesshomaru having child with Rin? Don't you think there 's still a possibility that he adopted them like he was (somewhat) adopted Rin?

But if Sesshomaru mating with Rin, so be it. It's quite make sense & understandable Especially Sesshomaru isn't human (pure blood demon), human's law can't really be applied to him.
doubleO7

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 11:14 am Reply with quote
Hakase wrote:
I know I'm giving myself false hope but I hope it will have yuri

I really, really hope not, considering all three of these girls are related.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6