• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Inuyasha Anime Gets Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon TV Spinoff This Fall

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 11:15 am Reply with quote
Calico wrote:
I got really, really tired of Inuyasha the further I got into it and never finished it by the end,..
Hold the phone, Inuyasha ENDED?? When did that happen and where do I see Kagome and Inuyasha get together? Like nearly everyone I was always rooting for them but never saw it. It was too long and like you I stopped but I thought I saw an article in the last couple of years that said it was still going...Title me "out to lunch" Confused
doubleO7

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 11:32 am Reply with quote
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:
Calico wrote:
I got really, really tired of Inuyasha the further I got into it and never finished it by the end,..
Hold the phone, Inuyasha ENDED?? When did that happen and where do I see Kagome and Inuyasha get together? Like nearly everyone I was always rooting for them but never saw it. It was too long and like you I stopped but I thought I saw an article in the last couple of years that said it was still going...Title me "out to lunch" Confused

The manga ended in 2008 (after the old show was already over) and the rest of the story got adapted in the 2009 anime InuYasha: The Final Act.
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 1:49 pm Reply with quote
If you're gonna make one of the girls look like a boy why not just make her a boy. Still excited for this.
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 2:32 pm Reply with quote
ultimatehaki wrote:
If you're gonna make one of the girls look like a boy why not just make her a boy. Still excited for this.

Because the suit-wearing androgynous looking girl is a common design choice.
ThrowMeOut

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 2:37 pm Reply with quote
NisaRF wrote:
Why everyone just assume that Sesshomaru having child with Rin? Don't you think there 's still a possibility that he adopted them like he was (somewhat) adopted Rin?

Probably not since they look a lot like him. The one even seems to have white hair.
Covnam

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Update: Viz confirmed that it has the rights "to the digital streaming, EST, and home video" of the new anime in North and Latin American territories.

What does EST stand for in this case?
Juno016

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 3:29 pm Reply with quote
ThrowMeOut wrote:
NisaRF wrote:
Why everyone just assume that Sesshomaru having child with Rin? Don't you think there 's still a possibility that he adopted them like he was (somewhat) adopted Rin?

Probably not since they look a lot like him. The one even seems to have white hair.

And also, the series is "Hanyou no Yasha-hime", meaning at least one of the three is half-demon. Since Moroha doesn't have ears, she's probably only 1/4th demon (does that count as a hanyou in Inuyasha?), meaning the other two are most likely 1/2 demon, pitting a human as his partner. Rin would be the only named character who would fit that role, unless they pull a random character out of nowhere. Arguably, that'd be less controversial, but still worse for storytelling.

Personally, if it is Rin, I don't know where I stand morally. Rin seems the most thematically consistent partner for Sesshy (she always blushed around him), but would this be considered grooming? Doesn't grooming require deliberate intent? That's apparently debatable, so my hands are safely removed from judgment on this issue. I'd rather listen to someone more thoroughly professed on the topic before I consider the moral implications.
doubleO7

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
Quote:
Update: Viz confirmed that it has the rights "to the digital streaming, EST, and home video" of the new anime in North and Latin American territories.

What does EST stand for in this case?

It means electronic sell-through. Basically referring to the sale and purchase of digital copies.

Odd that broadcast rights aren't mentioned. It seems like it'd be a perfect fit for Toonami. Of course, nothing is likely stopping them from acquiring those rights later if they want them.
Key

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Thaumana wrote:
I never knew that I need an Inu Yasha spinoff in my life until now.

My sentiments exactly. I've always been a fan of generational stories and always did like the original series, so this is now going to be one of my most-anticipated titles for the rest of the year.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Akcoll99

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
ErikaD.D wrote:
I recently read about the daughter of Inuyasha and Kagome on Twitter and it says:
Quote:
She lived by herself alone since she was a little and doesn't know about her parents that much.

So that means Inuyasha, Kagome, Sesshoumaru and Rin are spoiler[dead?!] The fandom will be very pissed and outraged if they are spoiler[ dead] in the sequel. What a sh*tty writing and waste of time.

No idea how you jumped to that conclusion lol. spoiler[It's very unlikely that they're dead]. I'm sure it will be an important plot point as to why she lived separately.

Especially since these portions of the series description make me think memory loss...possibly brought upon by an outside party...is a plot point.

Quote:
But to Towa's shock, Setsuna appears to have lost all memories of her older sister.

Joined by Moroha, the daughter of Inuyasha and Kagome, the three young women travel between the two eras on an adventure to regain their missing past.
Catseyetiger

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 5:39 pm Reply with quote
I as a fan of the original series am happy to see it will continue!

Yea!!!
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 5:46 pm Reply with quote
doubleO7 wrote:
Hakase wrote:
I know I'm giving myself false hope but I hope it will have yuri

I really, really hope not, considering all three of these girls are related.

Not very, well except of course the twins. InuYasha and Sesshoumaru had different mothers, so I guess that makes the twins, what, half-first-cousins to Moroha? Full first-cousins are legal in Japan even now, let alone the feudal era. That said, I don't expect to see any yuri in this. But, who knows? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What I'm wondering is why neither half-demon has dog ears but the quarter-demon does. That seems backwards to me, going by InuYasha's ears. Are the twins in new moon form all the time or something? Did Sesshy teach his kids how to suppress it, a skill Moroha lacks since her father never had a chance to learn it himself? Is she going through her Mystique hanyou-and-proud phase? (None of these will be the explanation, if it's explained at all.)

And where did both the quarter-demon Moroha and the half-demon Setsuna get their red hair? For a minute I thought that ruled out Rin, but Kagome has black hair too and yet had a red-headed child with a silver-haired father also. Maybe the question is why is Towa's hair white, hmmm? (and whence the blonde streak in her bangs?) Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop Maybe neither has red hair and that's just the color of pen Takahashi had at hand when she drew them. Maybe...we shouldn't think too hard about it. Laughing
pajmo9

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 6:26 pm Reply with quote
^
I'm pretty sure the artwork and sketches aren't supposed to be an accurate representation of their color schemes. In some of the sketches of Moroha on the website she has green hair.
I'm also not sure if that's Morohas ears or if that's a ribbon in her hair. I'm leaning towards a ribbon. If its ears then that means she has two sets of ears. But since it's fantasy then who knows. Laughing
DisneyXAnimefan95

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 6:29 pm Reply with quote
It's been a while that Viz Media has licensed an anime series with their last recent anime licenses being Mr. Osomatsu, Infini-T Force, Mazinger Z, MegaloBox and the Home Video release of Blame!.

As far goes for Viz using Ocean Group again for consistency sake of the original series, who knows? I wouldn't be surprised if the series will be dubbed in Vancouver again although tbh Viz Media hasn't been using Vancouver, Canada for their anime dubs since 2012 as the majority of the anime dubs they licensed are now dubbed in Los Angeles either through Studiopolis or especially Bang Zoom!

Lycosyncer wrote:

Since Viz has confirmed that they have the rights to this upcoming sequel and does have the streaming rights and home video rights as well, it's pretty much set that we will be getting an English dub of the sequel and it would be great to hear the Ocean Studios dub cast back again.

I wouldn't be surprised if the series will be dubbed in Vancouver, Canada again for consistency sake although Viz Media hasn't been using Vancouver for their anime dubs for 8 years with Inuyasha: The Final Act being their most recent series dubbed in Canada. The majority of the anime dubs they licensed lately are dubbed in Los Angeles either through Studiopolis or Bang Zoom!
Fluwm

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 7:30 pm Reply with quote
As much as I lost interest in the (first) anime somewhere in the midpoint (did read all the manga, though) and dislike, in general, the cliched premise of "new story with heroes' kids!", I find myself oddly excited for this. Especially if it can nail the balance of humor and drama that made InuYasha so enjoyable to watch/read.

Doubly so if we get a window into Inuyasha and Kagome's married life--I can't even imagine what that would look like.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6