• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Inuyasha Anime Gets Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon TV Spinoff This Fall

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 7:45 pm Reply with quote
@ pajmo9

I think you're right on all counts. Embarassed I was only looking at the sketches, when right in front of me on the same page, it shows Setsuna with black hair (but Towa still has that one off color strand), and when has anime hair ever been (bio)logical? And that probably is a ribbon (on pink hair!), which still leads me to ask why the twins don't have dog ears like Inupuppy since they're half-demons ostensibly from the same sort of union (demon father and...what, if not human or demon? mother).

Oh well, answers when they feel like giving them. Very Happy
cookiemanstah

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 8:08 pm Reply with quote
Ushio wrote:

Then wasn't Kagome and Inuyasha a creepy couple since 15 year old girl and centuries old half demon?

it's somewhat pretty sketchy for different reasons. For one, Inuyasha acts like a spoiled teenage brat for most of the series while Sessh is so dignified and adult-like.

As for the other issue: It really couldn't have gone any other way considering how she was on borrowed time, but Kikyo was a better fit.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 8:42 pm Reply with quote
SnowWarren wrote:
Kougeru wrote:
ErikaD.D wrote:
I recently read about the daughter of Inuyasha and Kagome on Twitter and it says:
Quote:
She lived by herself alone since she was a little and doesn't know about her parents that much.

So that means Inuyasha, Kagome, Sesshoumaru and Rin are spoiler[dead?!] The fandom will be very pissed and outraged if they are spoiler[ dead] in the sequel. What a sh*tty writing and waste of time.

No idea how you jumped to that conclusion lol. spoiler[It's very unlikely that they're dead]. I'm sure it will be an important plot point as to why she lived separately.

I also just noticed that the article says this is airing in the FALL. HOW?!?! lmao. That's insane but very welcome. That poll was definitely unrelated to this. No way they could make it so fast

spoiler[Kagome, Sango and Miroku could be dead from old age since we don't know how much time has passed since the Final Act.] We'll be able to tell from how old Kohaku looks, which brings me to my next point. spoiler[If Sesshomaru is still alive then why is Kohaku basically raising/training Setsuna. If she's Rin's daughter, could Sesshomaru have abandoned her out of grief after Rin died due to their resemblance?]

How would they spoiler[die from old age] if Sota, Kagome's brother that's only a few years younger than her raised Towa and if Kohaku is also still around? It also doesn't say that Setsuna is being RAISED by Kohaku, just trained.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 8:50 pm Reply with quote
NisaRF wrote:
Why everyone just assume that Sesshomaru having child with Rin? Don't you think there 's still a possibility that he adopted them like he was (somewhat) adopted Rin?

But if Sesshomaru mating with Rin, so be it. It's quite make sense & understandable Especially Sesshomaru isn't human (pure blood demon), human's law can't really be applied to him.

Rin is basically the only possibility given how much he disliked humans, even though he didn't outright hate them in the end. Sesshoumaru having half-demon children basically means it HAS to be Rin as the mother. Also, in Feudal Era Japan, girls were having children at like 14-16. I hope that's not the route they go by "human laws" were pretty....lax, back then. More directed at @NisaRF, Setsuna specifically looks A LOT like Sesshoumaru, so it seems clear to me that they're genetically his children. Fall isn't far off, we'll know soon Very Happy

zztop wrote:

They could've started planning and production months ago, but only chose to announce it now.

There's basically no way they could have it air in Fall if they started production any time this year. Anime takes years to make and given the COVID-19 situation, it would be literally impossible.

----
I hope this double post is okay. I don't want to spam the forum but I wanted to reply to as many people as possible in as few posts as I could without also over-quoting.
dragon695

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 9:17 pm Reply with quote
This sounds like a boring cash grab, tbh.
Covnam

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 9:52 pm Reply with quote
doubleO7 wrote:
Covnam wrote:
Quote:
Update: Viz confirmed that it has the rights "to the digital streaming, EST, and home video" of the new anime in North and Latin American territories.

What does EST stand for in this case?

It means electronic sell-through. Basically referring to the sale and purchase of digital copies.

Odd that broadcast rights aren't mentioned. It seems like it'd be a perfect fit for Toonami. Of course, nothing is likely stopping them from acquiring those rights later if they want them.

Thanks. Good point about the broadcast rights
Agent355

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 1:04 am Reply with quote
Wow! This came out of nowhere but I’m excited for it! Love the all female main cast!
Uh, conditionally
—What happened to Kagome and Inuyasha? I know parents drag down adventure series, but...
—Seshomaru’s baby mama will probably be Rin. I don’t like the “raising your partner” trope, even if there was a time skip. We better get a flashback!

—WHERE ARE MIROKU AND SANGO (and their brood)?!

I have so many questions!!!
ReifuTD

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 7:55 am Reply with quote
The idea of Sesshomaru having kids is weird, He's pretty romantically asexaul. Who ever has his kids it's the woman taking the initiative and he would only let her if it doesn't inconvenience or/and denying her would cause more trouble then it's worth. As for the Rin theory I like the idea of her and Sesshomaru at least having to do it once. The girl has feelings for him. I can see Sesshomaru letting her have one night with him as a catharsis for all the pent up feelings she has and let her come to terms that a romantic relationship between him and her probably isn't going to go anywhere, But it only takes one time to get pregnant and he gets stuck with half demon love children that he kind of feels guilty about.

It would be interesting to see how Towa passes for human in the modern world, Maybe she could end up being a reverse of Inuyasha and becomes more demonic on some nights of the month. or because of Twins maybe one twin became human and other became demon?

I hope this anime finally explains what happen to the demon race in the modern era, They only lightly touched on this at the start of the series and never did anything with it again. I know of a theory that basically most dangerous demons all got kill by demon slayers. Well the more Kami style demons like Sesshomaru all bread them self out by crossbreeding with humans. I like to think that maybe there's a kind of realm the Kami can go to like that place with in Inuyasha's eye and they just been held up there hiding from the humans. As a plot modern Kami or/and past Kami could be obsessed with keep their race pure and would want to hunt and kill mix breeds.
Key

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
—WHERE ARE MIROKU AND SANGO (and their brood)?!

I have to think that Miroku and Sango's kids will pop up at some point. However, they would all be several years older than any of these characters, since they were born at the end of The Final Act. (Or at least the first three were, anyway. I find it doubtful that they would have stopped at three.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 6:31 pm Reply with quote
cookiemanstah wrote:
if it's Rin, that means Sesshomaru is a pedophile and it would be really creepy to see those ships people still cast out anyway become real

there is the possibility that he waited until she was an adult you know!

after all, i cant really see him being with any other woman except for rin!

but this got me worried too. with all of this time traveling, i fear we might have another UQ Holder scenario at best or AT WORSE, AN eureka seven ao scenario if it gets out of control fast
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
3ngag3

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 9:52 pm Reply with quote
You guys posted the same article twice...
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 10:43 pm Reply with quote
I find it odd they're half demons, since half demons have animal ears (like Inuyasha's kid) while full ones have human ears.

Inuyasha is Shonen, but Takahashi herself is a shoujo creator through and through, and Rin being the mother is pretty standard shoujo affair.
taster of pork

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 12:15 am Reply with quote
I thought I was done with Inuyasha. But I can't help but feel excited about this. Very Happy
Northlander

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 3:45 am Reply with quote
cookiemanstah wrote:
it's somewhat pretty sketchy for different reasons. For one, Inuyasha acts like a spoiled teenage brat for most of the series while Sessh is so dignified and adult-like.

Not trying to defend either character too much -- they're both plenty immature at times, as immaturity often features heavily in Rumiko's works. (At least from Maison Ikkoku and onwards.) But honestly, Sesshoumaru doesn't really become adult-like, much less dignified, until he's spent enough time with Rin.... and hopefully also has had a chance to ponder his own massive insecurities. Throughout most of his first appearances, he's no less of a brat than Inuyasha is, and he's kind of a bully to boot.

Also, being the daughter of Inuyasha and Kagome, Moroha would be a quarter demon, wouldn't she? I wonder how that would work.
Ah-Lilyn

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 4:19 am Reply with quote
lol Here's the thing tho, yes Sesshomaru is 900 years old but I also think people need to take into account the concept of aging is probably dramatically different for a demon vs human. After hatching a mayfly lives approx 24 hrs, even tho in that timeframe a human would still be considered a baby its unreasonable to call the fly a baby. Maybe the same applies to sesshomaru. I mean he obviously ages (albeit slowly compared to human) so maybe his mental capacity matches his appearance (lol in terms of what's normal for a demon.)

spoiler[* I mean... He has the emotional intelligence of a carrot soo]

lol there's also a possibility that Sesshomaru doesn't recognize the concept of aging in humans as much because a human lifespan is equivalent to like 1-2 yrs of aging demon time ( lol if i were to correlate demon lifespan to human ^)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6