• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Love Live! Anime Reveals Character Names, New Visual, Returning Staff

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spooky Blades

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 10:12 am Reply with quote
Whats up with those big heads?! they look goofy as hell!
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 10:30 am Reply with quote
Last minute designs, they just can't hold a candle to Umi, Yoshiko, or Konoe, probably best to skip this one unless they have veteran idols or really good current rookie talent to voice them.
RealMTL

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 11:02 am Reply with quote
So I just started Love Live like a couple weeks ago. This is great news to me, though I'm not exactly sure what all the hate is about.
yurigasaki

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 1:54 pm Reply with quote
RealMTL wrote:
So I just started Love Live like a couple weeks ago. This is great news to me, though I'm not exactly sure what all the hate is about.

It's just the same stuff that happens every time a new batch of characters come out. People said the same things about Aqours, they said the same things about the Nijigaku girls and they'll keep on saying it with every single new Love Live project until the heat death of the universe.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Ren looks like a budget version of Kanan
#alfrescoCR

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 12:35 am Reply with quote
I ain't watch love live but i'm a big fan of the studio behind love live so i'm trying to get much clarifications and such. Does this new project separate from the other love live with nijisaki-something on its brand that they announced last april to have an anime? Or the nijasaki brand and this new project were the same?? I'm not so sure.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 2:00 am Reply with quote
If Funi had streaming rights to BOTH first 2 series/seasons (the non-Sunshine series) and the movie, then I will watch the first 2 series and the movie.
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 2:10 am Reply with quote
Hakase wrote:
I am very underwhelmed by the character design. It looks bland and boring. But it could have been worse. They could look like those butt-ugly women from a western AAA video game. The orange girl Kanon looks cute and nice, though. I love her snazzy hair bang.

“butt-ugly women from a western AAA video game”........ What in the flying Hells are you even talking about?

This is probably why cheap digs are never advised because it just winds up sounding nonsensical in the end.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 8:36 am Reply with quote
Scion Drake wrote:
Hakase wrote:
I am very underwhelmed by the character design. It looks bland and boring. But it could have been worse. They could look like those butt-ugly women from a western AAA video game. The orange girl Kanon looks cute and nice, though. I love her snazzy hair bang.

“butt-ugly women from a western AAA video game”........ What in the flying Hells are you even talking about?

All I can think of is that he wishes the women in Red Dead Redeption 2 had looked more like Love Live characters, and... well, that game would have had a very different tone.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 12:18 pm Reply with quote
I think the issue with this key art is the poses look awkward but the designs will probably look better in moving animation.
J0HN_L0CKE

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 12:36 pm Reply with quote
i like the smaller cast, gives the characters room to breathe
tomdean

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 8:10 pm Reply with quote
J0HN_L0CKE wrote:
i like the smaller cast, gives the characters room to breathe

I agree but I think more characters are planned - also, you'd be surprised to find that most of the casts have a following,regardless of screen time. This makes it easy to keep churning out samey characters without much depth.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2