• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Paper Mario: The Origami King Game Announced for Switch on July 17

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 11:03 am Reply with quote
Tripple-A wrote:
I wouldn't say it's gonna be trash tier like Sticker Star, but certainly not a lot better than Color Splash. In the end mediocre at best, which I honestly doubt, it will probably just suck.
Here we have a perfect example of the Nintendo fanboys buying every trash game they dish out,

Wii Music could’ve used some of that love as did Starfox Zero.

Tripple-A wrote:

because if either Sticker Star or Color Splash would have selled as bad as they deserved, Nintendo wouldn't make another similar one.

Or not make another Paper Mario game altogether
Heishi

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I wouldn't say it's gonna be trash tier like Sticker Star, but certainly not a lot better than Color Splash. In the end mediocre at best, which I honestly doubt, it will probably just suck.
Here we have a perfect example of the Nintendo fanboys buying every trash game they dish out, because if either Sticker Star or Color Splash would have selled as bad as they deserved, Nintendo wouldn't make another similar one.

It's not even out and you're already making such baseless assumptions about the game and the people who will buy it. You're not even gonna give it a damn chance, SMH. Rolling Eyes
Terry Lang

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 4:36 pm Reply with quote
I liked every paper mario game I played so far. That includes Sticker Star. So I've got plenty reason to be excited.
Tripple-A

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 8:44 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
Or not make another Paper Mario game altogether

No Paper Mario is better than a bad Paper Mario (this is a universal rule).

Heishi wrote:

It's not even out and you're already making such baseless assumptions about the game and the people who will buy it. You're not even gonna give it a damn chance, SMH. Rolling Eyes

Except they aren't baseless at all. Even though we haven't seen much, that bit we got to see already has a lot of red flags and come on, we all know how these things play out, double so if it's a Nintendo game.
Of course I would be glad if I'm completely in the wrong here, but I'm gonna stay realistically pessimistic about the whole game.
Terry Lang

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 9:00 am Reply with quote
Quote:
No Paper Mario is better than a bad Paper Mario (this is a universal rule).

Man, your playthrough of Sticker Star must have been really traumatic to hate it so much.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Really it's ok to just not play these games if you're not interested in them anymore. I don't understand the mindset of being pessimistic to a game that's not even out yet and we've just had one trailer for so far. Has this game done anything particularly wrong that I'm missing out on yet?
Tripple-A

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
Really it's ok to just not play these games if you're not interested in them anymore. I don't understand the mindset of being pessimistic to a game that's not even out yet and we've just had one trailer for so far. Has this game done anything particularly wrong that I'm missing out on yet?

Not interested anymore? This couldn't be further from the truth. Paper Mario 64 and TTYD are two of the best Nintendo games ever made and this is exactly why I'm more pissed off by a bad new game than none at all.
You may call it pessimistic, which is true, but it's more importantly realistic. We've gotten 2 bad games in the last years, Sticker Star being one of the worst games I've played in my entire life, also the trailer has a lot of red flags, and only a few potentially good looking things. The HP, damage, Coins, battle, no partner in battle, it just looks like Sticker Star 3 and not like a game that might be good.
If I'm wrong about this, good! But I highly doubt it.
Heishi

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Tripple-A wrote:
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:

Not interested anymore? This couldn't be further from the truth. Paper Mario 64 and TTYD are two of the best Nintendo games ever made and this is exactly why I'm more pissed off by a bad new game than none at all.
You may call it pessimistic, which is true, but it's more importantly realistic. We've gotten 2 bad games in the last years, Sticker Star being one of the worst games I've played in my entire life, also the trailer has a lot of red flags, and only a few potentially good looking things. The HP, damage, Coins, battle, no partner in battle, it just looks like Sticker Star 3 and not like a game that might be good.

If you really think SS is one of the worst games you’ve ever played, then you have not played the truly awful stuff out there like Superman 64, Daikatana, Drake of the 99 Dragons, the Zelda CDi games, ET for Atari 2600, Bomberman Act Zero, Bubsy 3D, I could go on. Sticker Star is nothing compared to those games.
I don’t consider it “realistic” to be pessimistic about something like a new Paper Mario, especially considering the last one wasn’t that big of a seller since the Wii U didn’t sell so well.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 8:05 pm Reply with quote
Tripple-A wrote:

This Paper Mario meme suddenly feels relevant again. https://knowyourmeme.com/photos/710317-paper-mario
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2