• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Power Rangers Show Reveals Title, Logo for 28th Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AkaRed

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Wow such an original name Rolling Eyes
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 8:05 pm Reply with quote
If Hasbro can't figure out how to pick a cool name, then it's right if we doubt whether they're capable to keep Power Rangers cool.
Sailor Sedna

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 9:46 am Reply with quote
Name is pathetic and uncreative, the Ryusolger suits don't even look all that great in my opinion, and I wouldn't support Hasbro's shows anymore anyways, because besides the fact that they're still flagging people who do reviews/criticism on it (and they treated the later seasons of MLP: FiM with the same level of care and quality most of the Neo Saban era had, as in none), I found info on a closed petition that while it mostly had dead links, it revealed that a good amount of people there were trying to shove in political agendas to children and were xenophobic, bigoted and racist. Dunno if it's the same part of Hasbro (like same writers and such) who work on Beast Morphers but I won't be supporting Hasbro for a long while, maybe not ever again.
Aresef

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 12:24 pm Reply with quote
Not a very inspired name and, the logo, that's still a huge problem for me. "Power Rangers" and "Dino Fury" look like logos for two separate things. There's no cohesion like there was for logos until Hasbro changed it. The brand image of Power Rangers was a known quantity. Don't change it just to change it. It's like when Viacom changed all of Nickelodeon's logos just so they'd fit nicely on business cards.

And I know the train's left the station, but why do you adapt Ryusoulger just a few years after Dino Charge when Zyuohger and Kiramager and LuPat and Kyuranger are right there? Not to mention the suits are the ugliest there have been since ToQger.

Furthermore, I wonder how coronavirus will affect filming. The casting deadline's come and gone but this show films in New Zealand. While NZ handled Covid damn near perfectly, there's no way of knowing what restrictions will be in place on the American or Kiwi side when they leave for filming around August.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 2:20 pm Reply with quote
BlueAlf wrote:
If Hasbro can't figure out how to pick a cool name, then it's right if we doubt whether they're capable to keep Power Rangers cool.
The name and logo are eh but it seems premature to judge the quality of it based on the name. Power Rangers is made for kids and kids love dinosaurs.
Primus

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 4:08 pm Reply with quote
I don't see how this name is any worse than Power Rangers Samurai or the absolute dreck known as Megaforce. Jungle Fury was 15 years ago. This franchise is primarily aimed at kids who realistically will have no familiarity with that. Hasbro had no issues with a Transformers series that shared an identical name with an earlier one.
WeirDiE_InC

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 10:41 pm Reply with quote
This name doesn't bug more than the fact that the villains are aliens yet again.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2