• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kandagawa Jet Girls Game Launches in N. America for PS4, PC in Summer

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrisc1978

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 4:20 pm Reply with quote
I would be interested in the Limited Edition if It was for the PC version. I don't buy games for my PS4 anymore.
Barry Chan

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 4:23 pm Reply with quote
chrisc1978 wrote:
I would be interested in the Limited Edition if It was for the PC version. I don't buy games for my PS4 anymore.

Agreed i also switched to pc gaming since ps4 started censoring japanese based games on their platform. Smile

Really looking forward to this one the bd of the anime where really promising so looking forward to the pc version.
kyokun47

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 5:08 pm Reply with quote
I know nothing about this franchise, but considering SK, I'm shocked it got a T rating lmao
chrisc1978

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 5:36 pm Reply with quote
kyokun47 wrote:
I know nothing about this franchise, but considering SK, I'm shocked it got a T rating lmao

Making the game for teens is probably the only way Marvelous Entertainment could release the game on PS4. Everyone that plays the game would most likely buy the anime that is very much rated Mature.
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 6:17 pm Reply with quote
chrisc1978 wrote:
kyokun47 wrote:

Making the game for teens is probably the only way Marvelous Entertainment could release the game on PS4. Everyone that plays the game would most likely buy the anime that is very much rated Mature.

It was only Rated C in Japan, so it seems pretty tame in general. I haven't seen any news on anything actually even being censored on it, just the assumption that "because it's on PS4, it MUST have been censored". No one seemed to complain back in the day when VNs were toned down and made "all-ages" for consoles, since even some ecchi was too much for consoles in Japan. Now it's just assumed that if it's fan servicey it must have been toned down.

I know some were saying that the anime being more eechi somehow makes it seem like the game was purposely "toned down" and just all under assumption (until XSEED or anyone says otherwise on just the localization). Even then, there's been animes that went over the top with fan service even MORE than their game counterparts. I can't just assume that every game release is at the fault of Sony's new policies. Yes they have made changes and some devs have changed their plannings in some cases, but not for everything. The PC option is there, but will probably be the same thing anyways.

Barry Chan wrote:
chrisc1978 wrote:

Agreed i also switched to pc gaming since ps4 started censoring japanese based games on their platform. Smile

Steam has actually been censoring/rejecting games for way less content as well. There's only been some games that allow for more content compared to console, but they are no saints either...
metalcoola

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Sheleigha wrote:
chrisc1978 wrote:
kyokun47 wrote:

It was only Rated C in Japan, so it seems pretty tame in general. I haven't seen any news on anything actually even being censored on it, just the assumption that "because it's on PS4, it MUST have been censored". No one seemed to complain back in the day when VNs were toned down and made "all-ages" for consoles, since even some ecchi was too much for consoles in Japan. Now it's just assumed that if it's fan servicey it must have been toned down.

I know some were saying that the anime being more eechi somehow makes it seem like the game was purposely "toned down" and just all under assumption (until XSEED or anyone says otherwise on just the localization). Even then, there's been animes that went over the top with fan service even MORE than their game counterparts. I can't just assume that every game release is at the fault of Sony's new policies. Yes they have made changes and some devs have changed their plannings in some cases, but not for everything. The PC option is there, but will probably be the same thing anyways.

Barry Chan wrote:
chrisc1978 wrote:

Steam has actually been censoring/rejecting games for way less content as well. There's only been some games that allow for more content compared to console, but they are no saints either...

Yes, but developers sometimes allow you to buy uncensored version from their shop Smile
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 5:03 pm Reply with quote
metalcoola wrote:

Yes, but developers sometimes allow you to buy uncensored version from their shop Smile

That does happen sometimes yes, IF there is an uncensored version. Nothing from what I have heard from the Japanese version warrants any sort of edits in this version, so from what I have seen so far the PS4 and Steam version will be the same thing, which is exactly what Japan had.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1