• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Zac Bertschy - In Memoriam

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Souther

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 11:58 am Reply with quote
Woke up to the news on another website, I never would’ve imagined this in my wildest dreams. RIP, my condolences to his family and loved ones.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Man, I've been reading his writings for years. Never realized he was going through a hard time. He'll be missed.
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 2:00 pm Reply with quote
My condolences go out to Zac's family, friends, and all his co-workers at Anime News Network. I'm glad to have met and worked with you Zac, and while it's probably been 15 years since we had seen each other last, I'm sorry that we won't be able to meet again.

I never said it to you, but I was always impressed by how your passion and knowledge built and shaped ANNCast. Even from the very start, had a drive to do great things, and the skills to see your creations flourish.

I'm glad to have been able to work with you for those early years, and hope those around you can find peace.

Sincerely,
George Phillips
Former Co-Editor-in-Chief (2000-2004)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Crisha

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 2:25 pm Reply with quote
My deepest sympathies to all of his friends and family. Please take care of yourselves.

It's been helpful reading all of the stories and well wishes people have been sharing.

Thank you for everything, Zac. For supporting us mods, for making such engaging and wonderful contributions to the anime community for all of these years, for all of the podcasts and articles. Rest in peace.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
danilo07

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Zac definitely influenced the way I consume anime and he was always a great and funny writer.

My deepest condolences to all of his friends and family.
NERVchild

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for all you've done.
Thank you!
Jefcat

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 3:11 pm Reply with quote
Rest In Peace Zac
LinkTSwordmaster

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 3:30 pm Reply with quote
Sad
jesusalcala11

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 3:57 pm Reply with quote
I wish well to Zac's family and friends.
I will miss Zac.
mdo7

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 4:53 pm Reply with quote
I just heard about Zac's death yesterday via Twitter. When I heard about his death, I decided to log back on to ANN to leave my condolences on this thread. I've never thought in many years I would go back on ANN, but Zac's death got my attention. I always thought he was a good guy. I did like his insight, his knowledge, and how good he is. He and I would disagree on several topics from time to time. But Zac is a good and reasonable person.

I was very sad to hear him pass away. My condolences goes out to his family, He will be missed. RIP Zac Bertschy Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
MasterKingJC

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 5:27 pm Reply with quote
I just heard about Zac's passing. My condolences to his friends and love ones.
ANN wouldn't have been what it is today without him.

Rest easy, Zac.
mbanu

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 5:43 pm Reply with quote
Adjusting for time zones, this would have been on the same day as Hideaki Anno's kanreki celebration; I hope the next zodiac cycle treats you kindly, Zac. Sad
JP025

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 7:58 pm Reply with quote
This took me by total surprise. I may not have had a GOOD chance to ever see Zac in person, but he was a huge influence on me over the past decade as part of his motley online crew of bad media watchers and he shared a lot of passion in everything he said as we all made the best of the worst, and sometimes, the truly delightful. I'll always be grateful for everything I took from his influence as a young autistic man making my way in the world, learning more as I grew and even gaining a lot of great jokes. Thanks for everything Zac, for the laughs, the perspective, and the passion.
TravellinMatt77

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 8:17 pm Reply with quote
Wow. RIP. I'm greatly appreciative of everything that Zac has done to build ANN into what it is today, and I'm floored by this sudden, shocking, sad news. My deepest condolences to his family and close friends Sad .
luisedgarf

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 8:54 pm Reply with quote
This is so terrible on so many levels...

May he rest in peace.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 16 of 20