• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
act-age Manga to Have 'Project Announcement' on June 1

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barry Chan

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 10:28 am Reply with quote
Hopefully a anime adaption, the main female mc is gorgeously drawn.

I need all the fanart and doujins that will be coming if the anime adaption gets announced Smile)))
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 10:39 am Reply with quote
very likely an anime
Tenebrae

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 12:35 pm Reply with quote
Sounds like anime. I'm not sure what make of the manga. I looked at some random chapters once and it looked as if they were using the shonen fight formula, except for acting. Which felt weird, and not in a good way.
Ampharos

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Those who follow it—it's probably gonna be an anime adaptation, right?
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Tenebrae wrote:
Sounds like anime. I'm not sure what make of the manga. I looked at some random chapters once and it looked as if they were using the shonen fight formula, except for acting. Which felt weird, and not in a good way.

But the CRAZY EYES! Surprised

Seriously though, I feel this is where an anime adaptation can really make the material shine. They would need the right studio and staff that can pull off character acting animation and great eye for staging. Like for example, the director and his peeps who worked on Rakugo and Kaguya-sama can definitely flex their muscles on it.

Of course, there's the ultimate bummer possibility that there could be a live-action adaptation announcement.
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Ampharos wrote:

Very likely, and at the current odds and excellent popularity even before an anime adaptation, it will most likely to be an 2-cour anime (they will end in an really awkward place in one cour regardless how they rush it).

Also, they have enough chapters and contents to fit multi-cour seasons already
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 6:15 pm Reply with quote
And I'm just reminded that the manga is being localized with the 1st volume coming out like next month.

Great time to get into this series.
Ampharos

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:
Ampharos wrote:

Very likely, and at the current odds and excellent popularity even before an anime adaptation, it will most likely to be an 2-cour anime (they will end in an really awkward place in one cour regardless how they rush it).

Also, they have enough chapters and contents to fit multi-cour seasons already

Very cool. I've been wondering if this would get an adaptation—I like following those "most wanted anime adaptations" lists and seeing what actually ends up getting adapted from them every year.
Soulwarfare

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Better be an anime adaption cause this series is great
Dian Z

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 7:12 pm Reply with quote
As someone who used to enjoy watching live action acting, I find the depiction of acting in this manga pretty cringey (especially with those shounen commentaries). The story overall might be good, but sometimes I just can't shake off the feelings when trying to read it.
harminia

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 7:50 pm Reply with quote
I tried to read it but it was too talky and shounen-jumpy (I mean, that's to be expected but still).
I liked the concept of how she completely gets in character and that it makes her unstable and how they kept going on about her having some breakdown or something one day, but it was annoying seeing her messing up the takes because she ~doesn't understand~ or whatever.
Then I tried skipping to some later volumes to see if it got better and it was basically just people explaining everything that was happening, which is something I hate in manga. It's a visual medium! You don't have to be like "wow such and such did so and so to counterbalance the xyz that whatsisname did! by doing this..."

Props to them for trying something different and trying to present acting in a shounen-jump manner but man... I just couldn't get into it.

A shame because I really liked her freaky-ass eyes.
Sekaro

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 10:36 pm Reply with quote
If u guys want a more "freaky" take on the definition of acting, then I recommend the manga Kasane. The MC has some "freaky-looking" eyes too if u know what I mean Wink
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Sekaro wrote:
If u guys want a more "freaky" take on the definition of acting, then I recommend the manga Kasane. The MC has some "freaky-looking" eyes too if u know what I mean Wink

Yes, you are right on that. Gotta finish the last couple of manga volumes for Kasane.
Kirki

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 2:01 am Reply with quote
harminia wrote:
I tried to read it but it was too talky and shounen-jumpy (I mean, that's to be expected but still).
I liked the concept of how she completely gets in character and that it makes her unstable and how they kept going on about her having some breakdown or something one day, but it was annoying seeing her messing up the takes because she ~doesn't understand~ or whatever.
Then I tried skipping to some later volumes to see if it got better and it was basically just people explaining everything that was happening, which is something I hate in manga. It's a visual medium! You don't have to be like "wow such and such did so and so to counterbalance the xyz that whatsisname did! by doing this..."

Props to them for trying something different and trying to present acting in a shounen-jump manner but man... I just couldn't get into it.

A shame because I really liked her freaky-ass eyes.

Same here. It is basically a shounen take on Glass Mask. I really wanted to read a Shounen Jump series where the main character is a girl, but I quit after a few chapters. It's not bad per se, but not exactly interesting either. If you want to see something similar, Glass Mask (the ultimate predecessor) and even Skip Beat will do better.
Violet Park

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 2:48 am Reply with quote
If it's an anime adaptation I hope they choose Ufotable.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2