• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: School-Live! Manga Gets Sequel Starting in June

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 11:32 am Reply with quote
I thought the last stretch of the manga was great. (Un?)surprisingly, they spoiler[go back to the school] for that portion.
yurigasaki

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 10:16 am Reply with quote
BodaciousSpacePirate wrote:
cookiemanstah wrote:
i am curious where this positivity and demand for a sequel came from.

All I know without a doubt is School-Live, the manga after where the anime left along, gradually drew a lot of animosity and disinterest for good reason.

In a way, it's sort of like Bleach: there were so many detractors who, "for good reason", were vocally opposed to how that story turned out, that people weren't at all prepared for the number of fans who absolutely lost their minds in happiness over the announcement that the anime was going to come back. It's easy to overlook how many people still like something when the people who don't are so thorough in their explanations of why they think that thing is bad.

Something I think is also important to keep in mind that a lot of these SERIES BAD NOW AND FOREVER takes are pretty localized to the Western/English-speaking side of the fandom. Japan doesn't really care about us lol. Japanese fans who actually live in Japan and buy the magazines and the volumes and merch over in Japan are the ones this sort of thing is aimed at and School-Live's fandom is still going crazy strong in Japan. I have a lot of Japanese mutuals I chatter with (well, we do our best lol) about School-Live because we all love it so much and when this was announced, we all lost our goddamn minds.
Sabruness

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 1:17 pm Reply with quote
This is nice to hear. While i haven't sat down and read through the post anime part of the manga, i did read through the last chapter when it was scanlated and the ending felt.... abrupt. Not like an 'axed' abrupt ending but just it seemed to set up a fair bit of 'aftermath/rebuilding' story potential, almost like a teaser, in the last chapter then ends.

So, if we get the whole story that was hinted at in the last chapter then i think this could be a nice sequel. It would make a nice change from all the post-apocalypse/zombie apocalypse stuff that ignores the 'after'/
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2