• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Anime TV Ranking: January 14–27

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Way to go 'PreCure5'!

Well, this season definitely had characters covering all 3 grades. And it worked out. Fans of all ages were pleased. Even the 40 year old ones.

Now what's the next one coming?
CitizenGeek

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:32 pm Reply with quote
No Gundam 00? :/
Westlo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Don't expect to see it in the top 10 again anytime soon, the majority of the time it placed in the top it was either 9th or 10th. Yatterman will be a constant feature of the top 10 for the next year and a half. Naruto Shippuden seems to have got out of it's 4-5% slump and is getting 6-7% again. Than you add the new season of Major (repeats of the last season were only behind Gundam 00 by 1% usually) and so on.
Panon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:35 pm Reply with quote
CitizenGeek wrote:
No Gundam 00? :/

Gundam 00 and Major (same timeslot) basically neutralize each other and and stop either from rating high enough to reach the top 10.

Not really worht worrying about though. 00 in it's first quarter made more top 10 appearances than the previous two (very successful) Gundam series did in their entire 50 episode runs.
Westlo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:35 am Reply with quote
Panon wrote:
Not really worht worrying about though. 00 in it's first quarter made more top 10 appearances than the previous two (very successful) Gundam series did in their entire 50 episode runs.

Gundam 00's 4.5%-5.5% ratings wouldn't have got it a single top ten mention in the time SEED and Destiny run. Like I said in the other thread Gundam 00 mainly placed in the top ten either 9th or 10th and since Kekkaishi was canceled it was give a chance to be in the top ten. Now Yatterman is airing and has out rated Conan for 2 weeks in a row, the Kekkaishi/Yatterman time slot is the same as the one Inuyasha had during the SEED/Destiny run.

Major really killed dokuro, last weeks rating was 5.4% to Major and 3.8% to Gundam 00. Gundam 00's first week dvd sales are 22k, way down on Destiny's 56k, Code Geass' 36k (one ep too iirc compared to 00's 2) and SEEDs 30k.
Cotek

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:06 am Reply with quote
Westlo wrote:
[
Gundam 00's 4.5%-5.5% ratings wouldn't have got it a single top ten mention in the time SEED and Destiny run. Like I said in the other thread Gundam 00 mainly placed in the top ten either 9th or 10th and since Kekkaishi was canceled it was give a chance to be in the top ten. Now Yatterman is airing and has out rated Conan for 2 weeks in a row, the Kekkaishi/Yatterman time slot is the same as the one Inuyasha had during the SEED/Destiny run.

Gundam SEED Destiny was pretty much the same thing ratings wise, mostly ranging from 4-6% (with some occasionally episodes getting much higher, and possibly some below 4%). SEED was mostly in the 6-7% range (dropping towards the end), but that was when shows like Naruto and One Piece were almost twice as high as they are now in terms of ratings, so hard to see it placing in the top 10 that consistently (unless there was a lack of other popular shows, but I'd imagine anime would've had higher ratings back then on average.)
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:16 am Reply with quote
Sazae san really pulls them in doesn't it? Yet we hear nothing about it west of the Rising Sun.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1