• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Princess Connect! Re:Dive

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yuvelir

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:35 am Reply with quote
Not only the kraken, but also the sea cucumber. I expected a lot of stupid trite stuff that you'd usually expect from this kind of episode but mostly all of it was subverted and that's cool.
And honestly I'll take anything over those boring episodes with the drama about literally whos.
Quote:
• “Squeezing a random sea animal so hard its guts come out its butt” was indeed a joke good enough to be used twice.

Note that this is something sea cucumbers actually do as a defense mechanism.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:26 am Reply with quote
This anime is so well animated, designed and directed, (especially camera angles) they can just literally sit around their little home's table, eat and talk their head's off and I'd enjoy the heck out of it. It's my one 'clear my head of angst' series and I'm so glad it's around.
michizure

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I love how, in the background, you can consistently spot Shizune and Rino spying on Yuuki.

They aren't the only ones. Who is that at 10:25?

Quote:
Shizune punching the last few minutes of memory out of Rino's skull is a great recurring gag.

Correction: head-butting, not punching, which makes it just that much better.

I think Yuuki had more lines in this episode than the rest of the series to this point. It seems he is slowly getting better. I wonder, though, is there a relationship between his amnesia and Shizune's head-butting?
WANNFH

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:45 am Reply with quote
michizure wrote:
Quote:
I love how, in the background, you can consistently spot Shizune and Rino spying on Yuuki.

They aren't the only ones. Who is that at 10:25?
Brown-haired elf girl in brown and green clothes who's looking for main character? She's also the running joke of the TV series who appears in every single episode up to this point for a couple of seconds in Where's Waldo fashion (yes, she is game character and have the name, but that give nothing crucial by now).
Quote:
I wonder, though, is there a relationship between his amnesia and Shizune's head-butting?
Absolutely not - while Shizune making Rino amnesiac have a comedy effect, Yuuki amnesia is nothing but real, and it's cause is unknown by now - we're shown only the glimpses of his memories before he lost his memories.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:08 pm Reply with quote
I'm a few episodes behind, saw ep10 today. But since it's ending. Funny show so far, I wasn't fond of Kyaru at first, but I soon fount her to be a good straight man. It would have been good if they had kept up with Pecorine being the strong gluten, instead of just being the excellent cook. Usually the type of character that Kokkoro is is off putting, but in this case she was my favourite.
Juno016

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:15 pm Reply with quote
I can't imagine there won't be a second season. There's so much more to explore about the story and the plot was different enough that playing the game (even being fluent in Japanese) won't really give you the conclusion you'd want for the anime. It's not just an offhand adaption. It felt like its own thing, in a good way. I really hope to see more!
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Juno016 wrote:
I can't imagine there won't be a second season. There's so much more to explore about the story and the plot was different enough that playing the game (even being fluent in Japanese) won't really give you the conclusion you'd want for the anime. It's not just an offhand adaption. It felt like its own thing, in a good way. I really hope to see more!

Agreed. I went into this without very high hopes given what usually comes out of game adaptations and ended up pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed the characters interacting and how much I liked the humour. The story is just truly getting started - let's see more!
Covnam

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Agree as well, hopefully we get another season.

At least we got the answer to why the villain was (previously seemingly) in the castle when they'd usually be off far away and not in the center of the peaceful city.

Speaking of peaceful, the kingdom sure must have been (mostly) a safe place considering they sent off the princess of the kingdom on her own to wander around. Not even some secret guards tailing her!
Key

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:30 pm Reply with quote
^
In fairness, she was gifted with magic items which made her pretty damn powerful - the tiara, the sword, and the shoulder guards.

While I enjoyed this series a lot, I share Richard's frustration over the end. There's just too much here that hasn't been explained yet. I wish more game-connected series would more take a lead from Rage of Bahamut and just make the anime version only peripherally related to the game.

Oh, and Best Girl is either Kokkoro or Karyl. Both are adorable in their own ways.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3