• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Kaguya-sama: Love is War Season 2

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Minos_Kurumada

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:58 am Reply with quote
I remember episode 8 on the Manga, it was a baland Nintendo Switch advertisement, I always wondered if Nintendo paid for it...
Gurren Rodan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:42 am Reply with quote
All of the jokes and visuals were on point again this week, from the MarioKart references to the "trapped in the shed" twist to Fujiwara playing with Miko. Poor Miko simply is not prepared for the council's antics!
I'm also greatly enjoying the range of emotions we're getting from Hayasaka this season - even if it's at her expense, like it was this time.
leongsh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:50 am Reply with quote
With the piece on Ishigami joining the cheer squad, the Sports Festival arc has started.
Amuro1X

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:27 pm Reply with quote
No mention of Iino's flower, eh? That's an important bit of foreshadowing.
cchigu

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Man, these Funi subs are so trash, wew.
HuuskerDu

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:37 pm Reply with quote
I've been looking forward to the Sports Arc for a long time. Ep 10 is one of the best yet.

I thought the first part slipped a bit with the dad's introduction. The manga's version was way funnier (maybe a sub problem?) The rest was comedy gold. We also got to see some nice character development with Ishigami.
Gurren Rodan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:18 am Reply with quote
Amuro1X wrote:
No mention of Iino's flower, eh? That's an important bit of foreshadowing.

I'm assuming (hoping?) that will be revisited before long. I feel I have a pretty good guess who was responsible for that, too.

I was honestly surprised Miko didn't end up walking in on Kaguya and Chika fighting over Miyuki; that would have been a ripe moment for confusion!
I'm definitely appreciating the shift towards more plot progression to balance out the comedy - I love the comedy, don't get me wrong, but the show is wisely keeping an engaging pace and avoiding getting stale.
boldulysses

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:23 am Reply with quote
Not sure if it's OK to discuss the next episode before the review comes out, but I have to say ep.11 was absolutely fantastic.
cchigu

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:02 pm Reply with quote
boldulysses wrote:
Not sure if it's OK to discuss the next episode before the review comes out, but I have to say ep.11 was absolutely fantastic.
Yep, the episode was super good. Last time I cried this hard was 3-gatsu no Lion S2.

Kaguya-sama is godly. Easily my favorite franchise of the past 2 or 3 years. Be it the manga or the anime, it never stops delivering.
boldulysses

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:59 pm Reply with quote
cchigu wrote:
Kaguya-sama is godly. Easily my favorite franchise of the past 2 or 3 years. Be it the manga or the anime, it never stops delivering.

I don't want to oversell it, but the franchise really has the potential to go down as one of the all-time great anime comedy series.

Back to ep. 11, am I the only one who will feel a little guilty laughing at Ishigami's "sad sack" persona from here on out...? Unless this episode signals some real character development for him, which would tweak the student council dynamics a bit.
Gurren Rodan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Count me in for praising this episode. Ishigami is the underdog hero we didn't know we needed.
...Although, I was amused that spoiler[Miyuki nearly stole the show in Ishigami's feature episode, thanks to that certain flashback near the end].

boldulysses wrote:
Back to ep. 11, am I the only one who will feel a little guilty laughing at Ishigami's "sad sack" persona from here on out...? Unless this episode signals some real character development for him, which would tweak the student council dynamics a bit.

Yeah, I'm curious how the dynamics will change now. I hope they tread carefully, because the humor at his expense could easily turn sour now.
HuuskerDu

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:32 am Reply with quote
Episode 11 covered only one chapter of the manga (not the usual three), and it needed it.

You can tell that an episode is Getting Serious when they skip the OP.
cchigu

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:10 am Reply with quote
HuuskerDu wrote:
Episode 11 covered only one chapter of the manga (not the usual three), and it needed it.

You can tell that an episode is Getting Serious when they skip the OP.
It covered 3 chapters my dude, namely, 88, 89 and 90.
HuuskerDu

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:21 am Reply with quote
s/chapter/event/
bennyl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:49 pm Reply with quote
The animation of the soran dance practice was superb. Chikas hair bouncing to the beat of the air pressure from the drum and the manic zombie style soran dance were some of the best drawn things I've seen this year.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6