• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Stream Healin' Good Precure, Gibiate, Mr. Love: Queen's Choice Anime This Summe

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Shocked

It has finally happened. A simulcast of the recent Precure season. God, I hope there will be a lot of votes so there could be episodic reviews here in ANN.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:05 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Shocked

It has finally happened. A simulcast of the recent Precure season. God, I hope there will be a lot of votes so there could be episodic reviews here in ANN.

Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:10 pm Reply with quote
No Europe, as usual. But I recently saw CR's new summer lineup and I noticed Fruits Basket season 2 is absent on CR's summer lineup, and that means Furuba will have split cour?
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Huh? They're actually going to try streaming a Precure season? I hope it goes well for them, as the franchise definitely deserves more love. Dare I hope for licenses that don't involve completely butchering the show, changing names, removing anything Japanese, and needlessly Americanizing it?

Or even, dare I think it...English dubs for them?! Faithful ones, at that?!
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:29 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Shocked

It would make my year. That may not even be an exaggeration.
ssgOverlord

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:46 pm Reply with quote
I'm nearly speechless. I can't believe it.
El Hermano

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:00 pm Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
Huh? They're actually going to try streaming a Precure season? I hope it goes well for them, as the franchise definitely deserves more love. Dare I hope for licenses that don't involve completely butchering the show, changing names, removing anything Japanese, and needlessly Americanizing it? Or even, dare I think it...English dubs for them?! Faithful ones, at that?!

Glitter Force was a bust, which is probably why Precure is being simulcasted to begin with.
They probably originally wanted to see if they could make it a hit with little kids here with a dub like that, and when it failed, they settled for a simulcast instead.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:31 pm Reply with quote
ErikaD.D wrote:
No Europe, as usual. But I recently saw CR's new summer lineup and I noticed Fruits Basket season 2 is absent on CR's summer lineup, and that means Furuba will have split cour?
could just be CR being slow or lazy. The official site shows no indication of a split coming.

Is CR gonna have all current episodes of Healin Good?
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Precure is finally free from the outdated clutches of Saban, it's no longer the late 80's, macakred anime is not good.
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Tbh if CR was smart they could have simply recruited the people that have been fansubing precure for the past years they have been doing a great work with it would be shame to not use that....
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:52 pm Reply with quote
I’ve never seen a Precure, so I’m pretty excited about this. I’m also looking forward to Mr. Love. I still haven’t played the game, but it’s on my list.
Break Xerxes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:19 pm Reply with quote
I’m so happy that Precure is finally going to be simulcast on Crunchyroll! I’ve been waiting years for this. Now if only they could get the rest of the franchise.
TheHTRO

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:32 pm Reply with quote
So North America finally gets a simulcast of a Pretty Cure series. Now, Pretty Cure is a family franchise, which means, El Hermano, that it's a franchise for "little kids" anyway. For this reason, I hope the subtitles don't have any kind of swearing in them just so they can "appeal to the fans". It gets frustrating when a show that's clearly meant for families has subtitles that try to make it look more "mature" than it really is (Mon Colle Knights, anyone?). In fact, TV Tropes has a name for it: Spice Up the Subtitles. In any case, I hope it doesn't happen to this show.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:30 pm Reply with quote
I've wanted an official simulcast sub of Precure for forever and it still feels surreal that it's happening. I wonder how much this license cost and how Crunchyroll secured the rights as I always heard rumors before that Crunchyroll tried to buy the rights to Precure before but Toei wanted them to buy the entire franchise as a package deal that would have been too costly. Now this does make me wonder if we'll get sub streams of the past Precure shows as well? I would love to see Heartcatch and Hugtto streaming. I also wonder if they'll simuldub this but I'm happy just to have it streaming subbed finally. Thank you Crunchyroll for making the impossible happen. Now I just wish Toei would start simulcasting subs of their toku shows like Super Sentai and Kamen Rider.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:17 pm Reply with quote
WHOA! I never expected Precure to get streamed.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3