• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fairy Tail RPG's 2nd Promo Video Previews Gameplay

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
immblueversion

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The game includes a new Eclipse arc, which centers on the “Project Eclipse” experiment "that opens up a gate to the past, unleashing Dragons that lived over 400 years ago into the present timeline."

What's so "new" about that? Which source even said it was "new", and when/where? That was the entire climax of the Grand Magic Games arc in the manga and anime. Of course a game that adapts the Grand Magic Games would include that.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:50 pm Reply with quote
As much has my love for FT has drastically dipped and died over the years, this game doesnt look half bad.
Dicku-kun

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:47 pm Reply with quote
Looking forward to the mods Wink
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:46 am Reply with quote
immblueversion wrote:
What's so "new" about that? Which source even said it was "new", and when/where?

The description under the official trailer on Playstation's Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyIMzHDbfks

"In addition, the first details of the game’s new Eclipse arc have also been revealed."
immblueversion

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:47 am Reply with quote
BodaciousSpacePirate wrote:
immblueversion wrote:
What's so "new" about that? Which source even said it was "new", and when/where?

"In addition, the first details of the game’s new Eclipse arc have also been revealed."

And yet the description calls it a "popular storyline" right after that. Talk about a mixed message. Rolling Eyes
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:09 am Reply with quote
immblueversion wrote:
immblueversion wrote:

And yet the description calls it a "popular storyline" right after that. Talk about a mixed message. Rolling Eyes

I've seen more than once that it will have "new" stuff but the marketing seems to focus on the adaptations of existing story arcs. I think it would have been more fun to have it be an entirely new Fairy Tail story. The whole guild request board thing provides a decent excuse to go off on a mission that gives players something completely new.
immblueversion

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
immblueversion wrote:
immblueversion wrote:

I've seen more than once that it will have "new" stuff but the marketing seems to focus on the adaptations of existing story arcs. I think it would have been more fun to have it be an entirely new Fairy Tail story. The whole guild request board thing provides a decent excuse to go off on a mission that gives players something completely new.

Yeah, I know all about the original story missions that were supposedly overseen by Mashima himself (I do know he specifically made all the new Unison Raids). The greater focus on the guild mission aspect of the series is one of my biggest draw-ins with this game, and I'm happy for it because that's just the right level of immersion a game for this series can give to make it stand out on its own, rather than if it was just a strict fighter.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1