• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Kaguya-sama: Love is War Season 2

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:19 pm Reply with quote
I watched a few episodes of the first season. I didn't dislike it, I just had too much to watch.

So I read the finale streaming review of this season, and thought, ah, how nice. Then I read the comments, and thought, is this the same show as the review?. Sounds like a much darker series than the final episode review indicated. Guess the final episode was one of those feel good episodes to say goodbye for the season.
blahmoomoo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:34 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
I watched a few episodes of the first season. I didn't dislike it, I just had too much to watch.

So I read the finale streaming review of this season, and thought, ah, how nice. Then I read the comments, and thought, is this the same show as the review?. Sounds like a much darker series than the final episode review indicated. Guess the final episode was one of those feel good episodes to say goodbye for the season.

Episode 11 spent time fleshing out character development that was alluded to over previous episodes. It is a very good episode, but not very comedic compared to all the episodes prior to it. The impact would have been lessened if there was more comedy though. The whole season was really strong, at least in my opinion, and the more serious nature of episode 11 fit right in.
Covnam

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:51 pm Reply with quote
azabaro wrote:

Maybe? Or maybe Aniplex is holding something back for their Kaguya-sama: Love Is War Special Panel at Aniplex Online Fest this July 4.

DIdn't know about that, so lets hope so!

Gurren Rodan wrote:

Kaguya has been shown to be pretty inept with technology before. I think it's in character for her to forget about trying to back up her phone data.

lol, no, I wouldn't expect Kaguya to backup her phone (the thought crossed my mind for a second while watching, but then I quickly realized that would never happen). By resources to get her data back, I meant paying some electrical engineer to fix her phone so the data could be retrieved, or something along those lines. "Hayasaka, find someone who can fix this!" and so on.

Gurren Rodan wrote:

Do we normally get seasons confirmed so quickly in this industry? I mean, I honestly don't know, but I would think it's uncommon. I don't recall season 1 confirming a sequel when it finished.

Sometimes? You're right it's not very common, but it does happen enough that it wouldn't be surprising to see it announced that way imo. Bofuri did it last season for instance.
meiam

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:40 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:

I feel like a comedies are ashamed of being comedies and so feel like they need to be something else on their final. S1 final was pretty entirely romance with maybe 1-2 jokes in the entire episode. The last 2 episode of S2 also had few jokes, 11 was "serious" (I'd classify it as white knight masturbation material), and 12 was half very good comedy and half character development. The rest is almost entirely comedy though, and pretty darn good one too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6