• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Wandering Witch - The Journey of Elaina TV Anime's 2nd Video Unveils More Cast, Ending Song Ar

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:06 am Reply with quote
I’m really looking forward to this!!

I thought it would air next year...
Hakase

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:52 am Reply with quote
This looks like what that anime adaptation of Little Witch Academia should have been. A cute witch anime that's all about girls and magic. No need for that boring "girls love boys" shtick that LWA did and ended up irrelevant.
Seagloom

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:04 am Reply with quote
Hakase wrote:
This looks like what that anime adaptation of Little Witch Academia should have been. A cute witch anime that's all about girls and magic.

Your expectations are way off the mark. This series shares more in common with Kino no Tabi and can get surprisingly dark. The protag is also kind of an ass.
r0verandom

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:53 am Reply with quote
Seagloom wrote:
Hakase wrote:
This looks like what that anime adaptation of Little Witch Academia should have been. A cute witch anime that's all about girls and magic.

Your expectations are way off the mark. This series shares more in common with Kino no Tabi and can get surprisingly dark. The protag is also kind of an ass.

Damn, was gonna ask if anyone knows if this is going to be more chill slice of life (like Flying Witch) or something more serious..
Seagloom

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:19 am Reply with quote
r0verandom wrote:
Damn, was gonna ask if anyone knows if this is going to be more chill slice of life (like Flying Witch) or something more serious..

There are iyashikei elements too. It is quite episodic. Some stories will be lighthearted in tone while others will be tragic. The upcoming Slime Taoshite 300-nen is a better fit for anyone that wants near 100% chill slice of life with a witch protagonist.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:20 am Reply with quote
Choucho is a great choice! This PV looks fantastic! Fall is lit.
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Wow, this series is really getting all of my favorite female voice actresses to perform in it. Smile If they can somehow also get Yukari Tamura in this, I’d be super hyped.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Seagloom wrote:
Hakase wrote:

I wouldn't say Elaina is an ass, she just has a very low tolerance for people. Super relatable.
Seagloom

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
I wouldn't say Elaina is an ass, she just has a very low tolerance for people.

She is actually the kind of prickly character I tend to enjoy. I wouldn't have stuck with the novels if I found her intolerable. I just pointed it out because her behavior is likely to rub some viewers the wrong way. Particularly if they're going into this series expecting the typically cutesy lead of an average CGDCT show.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1