• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Trying to find an anime from the 90s

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aki29

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:28 pm Reply with quote
*if this is posted to the wrong section, I apologise*

I'm trying to locate an anime I remember watching back in the 90s as a kid. I cannot remember the title but I can aspects of the show from the opening credits as well as one scene.

If I recall the story was set around two children, a boy and a girl. They had either psychic/magical powers that could only be used whenever they held hands.

Their fathers were imprisoned in pillars as stone statues by an evil empress. One of her henchmen wore a suit, had a shaved head with a ponytail and had a knife in place of a missing hand. The empress is constantly trying to find the children and have them killed.

The one scene I remember vividly is when the henchman tried to kill them at a train station, but his knife-hand got stuck in the wooden supports of the railway track and he was killed by an incoming train.

Any help will be much appreciated.

P.s. I'm from Australia and grew up in Adelaide.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1