• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Right Stuf Reveals Gundam Seed Collector's Edition BD Release

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kae kurono

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:05 am Reply with quote
LightningCount wrote:
Good news! I do wonder what will happen with Gundam SEED C.E. 73 Stargazer. I'd love to see that arrive, especially with a dub. Maybe it could be packaged with the shorter Astray OVAs, too.

I'm in the camp that actually finds some value in SEED Destiny. If you haven't seen it, don't write it off. It's uneven, but some of its highs are actually higher than SEED, in my opinion. But I have the old Bandai sets and am not sure if I'll upgrade. Even with the RS birthday sale, I'm still catching up on a few of the series I missed altogether and debating whether to upgrade other Gundam releases that I'm more fond of than SEED and company.

i really want to see stargazer and i'm glad i'm not the only that finds the high's of SEED Destiny to be higher than seed despite its far worst flaws later on the story.
Levonr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:28 pm Reply with quote
-SP- wrote:

then no he wasn't in Destiny. Rey was a clone of Rau

Thats not who I'm talking about.

This is: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/wZGKOq3eaEc/hqdefault.jpg

Which they edited that part out in the Special Editions movie since they knew it was absolutely ridiculous that anyone could survive a direct blast from a battleship and have their helmet floating in space and somehow survive. I don't recall it being explained how Djibril saved him, did he use magical fairies to fly in and grab him floating in space?
He had perhaps the most powerful death in SEED and Destiny cheapened it.

Last edited by Levonr on Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Can we have spoiler tabs for those of us who haven't seen Destiny yet?
redranger

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:09 pm Reply with quote
Did the remaster do anything about all the recycled animation? Because my god it was egregious. Pure shit show. I boggles the mind that people aren't bothered by it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2