• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Beastars Anime Season 2 Premieres in January 2021

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Can't say I'm surprised given how popular this is, though this is a show that absolutely deserves it.
whiskeyii

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:41 pm Reply with quote
I was gonna' say that it felt like the turnaround was pretty quick for a new season (as opposed to just a new cour), but then I realized most likely the bulk of the production work was already done for the first season and they probably just need to make a handful of new characters this time around.
veemonjosh

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:01 pm Reply with quote
Good news, I just wish we could get an actual simulcast rather than having to wait several months for Netflix to drop it.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Yes yes YES! This is easily one of my favorite series in recent years and the anime has set a new standard to me for CG anime and its strengths as a media.
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:56 pm Reply with quote
whiskeyii wrote:
I was gonna' say that it felt like the turnaround was pretty quick for a new season (as opposed to just a new cour), but then I realized most likely the bulk of the production work was already done for the first season and they probably just need to make a handful of new characters this time around.

Considering the season was announced right after the 1st ended, it's more likely both were planned from the beginning, and they've been working on S2 more or less in conjunction with the first. Even if they have all the character rigs and locations built, it'd take longer than 1 year to handle scripting, boarding, and fully animating a new season, especially if the main animation team had to switch to it from a different project.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1