• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: NHK: act-age Manga Creator Tatsuya Matsuki Arrested on Suspicion of Committing Indecent Act wi

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:11 am Reply with quote
This is the third time something like this has happened with a Shonen Jump writer. This is not okay
D.E.D.E

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:18 am Reply with quote
AiddonValentine wrote:
This is the third time something like this has happened with a Shonen Jump writer. This is not okay

Yeah I was just saying, an incident like this happening once? Not ok, but you can give them the benefit of the doubt and say that one person is an outliner. THREE people though? Nah, WSJ’s management is sketchy as hell
redaga

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:22 am Reply with quote
#810704 wrote:
AiddonValentine wrote:

Yeah I was just saying, an incident like this happening once? Not ok, but you can give them the benefit of the doubt and say that one person is an outliner. THREE people though? Nah, WSJ’s management is sketchy as hell

1) how is management fault? are they wizards that can see the future or people's heart
2) wait till the guy at least gets convicted before throwing stones and setting up the cross.
SmurfRockRune

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:24 am Reply with quote
#810704 wrote:
AiddonValentine wrote:

Three people in 50 years is a problem with management? Are you sure it's not just that 3 of the countless mangaka happened to be bad people?
D.E.D.E

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:39 am Reply with quote
#875573 wrote:

1) how is management fault? are they wizards that can see the future or people's heart
2) wait till the guy at least gets convicted before throwing stones and setting up the cross.

1) In the previous scenarios, both mangakas were either given more work, or allowed to continue to work like nothing happened, hence the sketchiness.
2) Not throwing stones at anyone. He’s either guilty or he’s not, but it doesn’t take a genius to know that they probably arrested him because the evidence is damning. And when you have allegations like this coming out consistently for the same offence from the same work place, eye brows will undoubtedly be raised whether there’s any weight to the suspicion or not. It doesn’t help when the company engages in the previous issue already mentioned.
Either way, this is such a terrible state of affairs for the fans. Also worried about Shiro, who undoubtedly will get linked to all of this, despite her career just taking off.

Last edited by D.E.D.E on Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Marzan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:41 am Reply with quote
Theres a big difference between 10 and 19.
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:59 am Reply with quote
I feel bad for the victims and Usazaki, where she may lose her job because of it.

Last edited by ErikaD.D on Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:23 am; edited 1 time in total
DarkEXE

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:11 am Reply with quote
The NHK article has been updated. The victims are middle school girls.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:24 am Reply with quote
#875573 wrote:

According to the article, he admitted to doing it

Quote:
Matsuki told police "there's generally nothing incorrect" with their accusations.
Super_M

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:29 am Reply with quote
If that true I feel sorry for kids nobody deserve this. Future of Act-age manga is uncertain, could be cancelled.
Zimmer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:41 am Reply with quote
Honestly devastated by this news.
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:42 am Reply with quote
SmurfRockRune wrote:
#810704 wrote:
AiddonValentine wrote:

Three people in 50 years is a problem with management? Are you sure it's not just that 3 of the countless mangaka happened to be bad people?

Three reported. Japan's not good about policing sex crimes.

Who is the third one? I only know of this and the Kenshin creator.
wewhomustnotbenamed

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:45 am Reply with quote
Super_M wrote:
If that true I feel sorry for kids nobody deserve this. Future of Act-age manga is uncertain, could be cancelled.

it's already give hint that it's already cancelled. the upcoming volume has been deleted from upcoming release schedule in shueisha shop.
Albion Hero

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:46 am Reply with quote
wewhomustnotbenamed wrote:
Super_M wrote:

it's already give hint that it's already cancelled. the upcoming volume has been deleted from upcoming release schedule in shueisha shop.

At the very least its gonna go on hiatus while they figure this shit show out. I doubt its coming back though, Act Age isn't popular enough that it can survive this kind of blowback.
tfwnoymir

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:48 am Reply with quote
I guess that's another manga from Jump I'll never read, along with Toriko and Kenshin. Hopefully it'll kill any chance of an anime adaptation, at least for a while. And let's hope the editorial department won't save his ass like with similar authors before, but I won't hold my breath.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5