• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kensho Ono Stars in New Anime by Yuri!!! on Ice's MAPPA Studio in October

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kokushibou

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:34 am Reply with quote
Wait, MAPPA will just finish GOH by october and then they have Jujutsu kaisen in october along with Shingeki no kyojin final season (atleast from what I heard). And now even an original anime? Ok then. Tbh I want SnK final season to be next year, that would even give the author more time to be involved with the production since the manga hasn't ended yet and is clearly not ending in october, might as well end in december.
donhumberto

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:28 am Reply with quote
Whoa, wheter this is good or bad (I certainly hope it's good) my hat's off to Mappa. If I'm not mistaken they have managed to make like 7 series in a year like 2020, with most studios struggling to finish just one... big kudos to them.
xxmsxx

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Kokushibou wrote:
Tbh I want SnK final season to be next year, that would even give the author more time to be involved with the production since the manga hasn't ended yet and is clearly not ending in october, might as well end in december.

When the trailer was released, they removed the Fall 2020 release date that was originally scheduled for. It is unlikely that the Final Season will be in Fall 2020 now. Given where the manga is, we have about anywhere between spoiler[2 to 10] chapters left, unlikely to have more. If they were to release it in Winter 2021 or Spring 2021, it probably won't be a problem. There is even a possibility that they have already finished animating everything in the manga thus far and are already working on the last few chapters of the manga that has not been released for the manga and anime to come out in close proximity.

If this original anime is 11 episodes long, they probably can manage it.
-SP-

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:50 pm Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure people know which studio MAPPA is, without having to mention Yuri on ice
sailorstarsun

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:09 pm Reply with quote
-SP- wrote:
I'm pretty sure people know which studio MAPPA is, without having to mention Yuri on ice

This.
MAPPA is a big enough studio; you don't need to name-drop a four year old anime to get people interested in news about it. Comes off really amateurish.
kazenoyume

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:23 am Reply with quote
sailorstarsun wrote:
-SP- wrote:

This.
MAPPA is a big enough studio; you don't need to name-drop a four year old anime to get people interested in news about it. Comes off really amateurish.

It's because original announcement mentioned YOI. My guess is there's something about the series they think might appeal to YOI fans so they name dropped it in the press release.
Kokushibou

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:48 am Reply with quote
xxmsxx wrote:
Kokushibou wrote:
Tbh I want SnK final season to be next year, that would even give the author more time to be involved with the production since the manga hasn't ended yet and is clearly not ending in october, might as well end in december.

When the trailer was released, they removed the Fall 2020 release date that was originally scheduled for. It is unlikely that the Final Season will be in Fall 2020 now.

Exactly what I thought but the fandom is so toxic I get bashed over a simple thing like saying it's not gonna be in October followed by them posting countless links proving me wrong saying it's in October, it's just so frustrating that I simply gave up. But that is why I also said "from what I've been hearing". Because both mine and their statements are speculations.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1