• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kyoto Animation Awards Remain Suspended for Now

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CastMember1991

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:42 am Reply with quote
What happened to Kyoto Animation last year makes me sick to my stomach to this day. It's great they're able to work on movies and TV shows again. But, no amount of money and/or critical acclaim can ever replace the lives or precious works of art that were destroyed by one psychopath's reign of terror. Thank god Shinji Aoba faces life in prison, there's no excuse for what he did. AT ALL!!!
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:23 am Reply with quote
Also to be fair, there's no real benefit to them doing the contest right now. They have enough works in publication for now, and have several anime already planned that will take a while to make
Mizuki-Takashima

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:38 am Reply with quote
I definitely don't blame them. I still get very emotional when I think about what happened last July. I can't believe it's really been that long...

I wish them Peace and all the best.
TdFern 87

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:11 pm Reply with quote
This is also because of COVID-19 still raging. However they are still emotionally scarred from the arson.
TdFern 87

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:11 pm Reply with quote
CastMember1991 wrote:
What happened to Kyoto Animation last year makes me sick to my stomach to this day. It's great they're able to work on movies and TV shows again. But, no amount of money and/or critical acclaim can ever replace the lives or precious works of art that were destroyed by one psychopath's reign of terror. Thank god Shinji Aoba faces life in prison, there's no excuse for what he did. AT ALL!!!

Well that or a mental health institution.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1