• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Burn the Witch Theatrical Anime Reveals More Cast, October 2 Streaming Debut Worldwide

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:28 am Reply with quote
The official EN site mentioned Crunchyroll (Worldwide ex Asia).
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:35 am Reply with quote
streaming should not be "Edited" unless it's to fix errors they didn't have time to fix before theatrical running.
Ryuji-Dono

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:57 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
streaming should not be "Edited" unless it's to fix errors they didn't have time to fix before theatrical running.

I have a question...how suggestive is the original manga, if that what it means by edited version?
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:04 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:

The editing seems to be them cutting it into 3 episodes.

https://twitter.com/AIR_News01/status/1297560552906997760
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Ryuji-Dono wrote:
Kougeru wrote:

I have a question...how suggestive is the original manga, if that what it means by edited version?

Going by the one-shot and the chapter that came out today? Not at all. There's a running gag in the one-shot about the male lead wanting to see the main girl's "knickers" but no real fanservice or sexual stuff to speak of. So the "editing" being that it's being released as 3 episodes makes sense. IIRC Crunchyroll did the same thing for the Digimon Adventure Tri movies.

Judging by the PV it also looks like this is going to be adapting the whole mini-series too, rather than just the one-shot. If nothing else it looks really good!
Ryuji-Dono

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:18 pm Reply with quote
lossthief wrote:
Ryuji-Dono wrote:
Kougeru wrote:

Going by the one-shot and the chapter that came out today? Not at all. There's a running gag in the one-shot about the male lead wanting to see the main girl's "knickers" but no real fanservice or sexual stuff to speak of. So the "editing" being that it's being released as 3 episodes makes sense. IIRC Crunchyroll did the same thing for the Digimon Adventure Tri movies.

Judging by the PV it also looks like this is going to be adapting the whole mini-series too, rather than just the one-shot. If nothing else it looks really good!

Oh, so a misunderstanding on both counts.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1