• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
#askmashima

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jetblackwings

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:54 am Reply with quote
1. Considering that the final chapter had a big focus on romance, why haven't we gotten a single interaction between Erza and Jellal?
2. A question that keeps being brought up among us western fans a lot is Erza's fight against Kyouka, can you explain how she managed to fight against her without her senses?
3. Where is Jellal's guild mark located, if he has one?
4. Will we ever see Richard and Wally reunite?
5. I noticed a lot of mangaka like to give their characters official birthdays, have you ever considered doing that for Fairy Tail?
6. In the beginning of the story, Erza has been portrayed as one of the strongest guild members. How come she couldn't defeat any enemy by herself in the final arc, has she gotten weaker?
7. Why are there so many female characters with blue hair in Fairy Tail?
8. Is there a reason why you specifically added Erza and Jellal lookalikes in Edens Zero?

Last edited by jetblackwings on Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
thor321

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:06 pm Reply with quote
I love your work sensei Smile

A question about Edens Zero.

How old are Shiki, Rebecca, Weisz and Homura?
immblueversion

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:02 pm Reply with quote
I know you're the storyboarder of 100 Years Quest, but what's the actual story-writing process of the manga?

Who makes the designs for the new characters in 100YQ, you or Ueda?

What was keeping Natsu and Gajeel get trapped behind the barrier that no one older than 80 could cross? All you said at the time was that they weren't actually older than 80, and that revealing any more would spoil an important plot point.

If you had no intentions of killing off certain characters in FT, why did you keep writing scenes where they appear to die?

Since Acnologia's backstory in the TV anime was made up by the anime staff, what were your ideas for Acnologia's backstory that didn't make it into the manga?

What genre of music do you imagine for the EZ anime?

How did you originally imagine the story of EZ would go before the heroes left the Sakura Cosmos?

Is Homura based on the title character from your one-shot "Hoshigami no Satsuki" (星咬の皐月)? Because I noticed her last name Kougetsu is another reading for 皐月 (Satsuki).

What happened to Drakken Joe during his life that changed him from a friendly boy to the man he is now?

The reveal of EZ's main(?) villain in Chapter 101 was such a shock, and a huge twist on how the main character's relationship with that sort of character usually goes in Rave and FT. What was your inspiration behind turning that kind of character into the villain?

What's one story arc in any of your works that turned out completely different from what you first imagined? (Make sure it's one you haven't talked about already.)
Adv193

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:02 pm Reply with quote
My only question is will there be a follow-up sequel to HERO'S.

Also I would be happy for a Rave anime remake, even it is one that can only be produced in an OVA or movie format by splitting up the story into different parts.
Kiyoharu-kun

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:39 am Reply with quote
A pleasure to have chance to communicate with you Mashima-Sensei !!!
I have been a great fan of yours from the time I saw the first episode of Fairy Tail. Thank you so much for making my world so beautiful by bringing characters like Erza Scarlet to life.
ありがとうございました

My question are regarding Fairy Tail:
1.I have heard people saying that if Erza and Mira have a duel then Mira would win. Why is that? Erza was able to conquer people who were really strong like Minerva, Kyouka, Kagura, Neinhart, Azuma and etc. I believe that experience from all of these fights will never go to waste so who will win Erza or Mira ?
2.In 100 years quest of Fairy tail, Touka the white mage is shown to have a split personlity wth an exceed. Are there any possibilites for the edolas arc to have connections this?
3.Can we strongly believe that Erza and Jellal can become a couple in the future?
4. Libra is the non-living object in the Zodiac. So what references did you use to bring alive the current Libra in the Fairytail?
5. Is the old women shown at the end of the arc really Ultear Milkovich if yes then why did she not meet up with Crime Sorcière and why does she appear in her young form in the time-space continuum if she already exists in the real world ?
6.Does Lisanna and Elfman have the same ability of Mira Jane to take in a Satan soul?
7. Since Irene Belserion is now within Wendy Marvell in the 100 years quest, does that mean Wendy has accquired her dragon seed also? Is yes then is it possible for her to transform into a dragon herself?
8.Fromt he beginning of the tenrou arc there was no evidence about how God slayers were originated?
MimiEucliffe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:51 am Reply with quote
Can we see more of Sting in 100yq?
Could we get more drawings of him?
I love and support all of your work Mashima sensei!! <3
I love Sting too Very Happy
NoName321

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:14 am Reply with quote
2 Quick Questions.

1. Was it the the entire ocean between Guiltina, Ishgar and Alvarez that the Water Dragon God lifted to the Sky? And do he did it all when he went down and back up from the water?

2. What exactly is Sting Element, is it Light, Holy, White or a combination? And does that magic moves and himself also moves at the Speed of Light?

Last edited by NoName321 on Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Etherious

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:44 pm Reply with quote
I have two simple questions.

1. Will we see an anime adaptation of the 100 year quest? (My thought is that is the final announcement you have mentioned before on Twitter.)

2. Will we see a full END transformation akin to what was shown in Dragon Cry? (I know that the movie isn't canon but it was still a cool thing to see.)

That's it from me. I wish the best for the future of your series' overall!
the6ixotaku

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:51 pm Reply with quote
Wanting to say that thank you for creating Fairy Tail and just wondering of what were the challenges of writing the series?
Otaku shrink

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:56 pm Reply with quote
-Will we still see guild members outside of Team Natsu as 100 Year Quest moves on?
-Who are the top 5 strongest women in Fairy Tail guild? How about the top 5 men?
Radia

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:06 pm Reply with quote
-About Fairy tail 100 Years Quest:
1. Why did Touka chose to remove the control that the white mage place on juvia ? Why only her?
2. About the God dragons , who is the strongest ?
-About Edens Zero:
How did you get the inspiration to create Homura ? Will we get an arc about her and know more about her background?
-About Hero's :
I really enjoyed it. Do you think that another crossover is possible ?
crissazureus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Hello Mashima

1) Is there any possibility of having an arc or side story featuring Mirajane, Elfman and Lisanna as the main casts?
2) Was there any point in time where Anna Heartfilia met Irene Belserion? What kind of interaction might they have?
3) Who is/are holding God Serena's Lacrimas now?
4) Is there any possibility to see the 4 S-Class Fairy Tail Wizards (Erza, Mirajane, Laxus and Gildarts) collaborating together?
5) Is the S-Class promotion trial still being held annually in Fairy Tail?
johnnyboi johnnyboi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:15 pm Reply with quote
my question is what are the names of natsu and zeref's parents
BonneyQ

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:16 am Reply with quote
Hello, sensei!

What Gray and Juvia’s Son name would be? I really enjoy “Gris” (English spelling)! I think it suits him so much because means "Gray" in spanish and it follows the line: Silver, Gray... Gris...

Does Juvia really want to have 30 babies with Gray? Laughing

Was Juvia really ready to “lose” her relationship after killing Keith and therefore, Silver? Wasn’t it brave of her?

Has Gray ever kissed anyone? We know Juvia did since she dated Bora!

Are we going to see Bora meeting with Gray and Juvia? That would be a blast, to see Gray jealous! Or nor, Bora wasn’t very nice, was he?

Last edited by BonneyQ on Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dextres

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:49 am Reply with quote
Hello Hiro Mashima,

One general open board question:

When will the aquarius gold key be found in Fairy tail 100 year quest?

Thank you for all your time and effort in all your works and projects.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3