• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Games - Do You Remember?

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OtherSideofSky

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Not gonna lie, that Monster World footage is pretty disappointing.
I always have a much harder time judging distances and movement in 2.5D compared to 2D. The fairly low-poly environments also seem like a less than ideal fit with the textures in a lot of places (like flat textures of cracks all over rocks that you can clearly see every vertex of). That might change in the final game, but I can't even remember the last time a hope like that actually panned out. If it is addressed, I'd probably prefer heavier cel-shading with less unnecessary texture detail (and maybe light outlines on some things to emphasize where their edges are) over more detailed models.
Triltaison

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:06 pm Reply with quote
Oh, good lord... that "You're the Inspiration" level is brutal. Glad to see someone else who is a big fan of the series, though. Ouendan 2 was the first import I was so hyped for that I preordered it instead of waiting to pick it up after launch. Soooo many hours sunk into all 3 of those games that I grabbed onto anything remotely like them in hopes of more delightfully weird rhythm adventures, such as Princess Debut and Rockin' Pretty. I really miss that style of gameplay... Gal Metal at least gave me some weird comic book progression with my rhythm games again. I might need to go play "Ready Steady Go" and see how poorly I can save the Earth from aliens after being so out of practice.
TranceLimit174

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:40 pm Reply with quote
All I want from TGS is for SNK to show something for KOF XV.

TGS is the only opportunity left, and SNK said they would have something “very soon.”
Nate148

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:05 pm Reply with quote
#NINTNEDO!!!!! man random derits after you do the week up I hype for SR and will be in JP
Villain-chan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:04 am Reply with quote
... I expected a mention of Magia Record English's end of service, heck, was certain it'd be THE focus of the article...and yet there wasnt even a mention at all. Whats more now that Nintendo dropped the 35th ann stuff i KNOW ur gonna focus on that instead. This is honestly disappointing and am disgusted by the omission here. I'll c myself out now, but remember, Magia record deserved better than this, its freakin Madoka related after all
KefkaesqueXIII

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:39 am Reply with quote
Thanks to EBA, "Your the Inspiration" is one of those songs that will make me tear up just about any time I hear it. The goofy game about secret agents helping people help themselves out of ridiculous situations through the power of music had no right to smash me over the head with feels like that.

Villain-chan wrote:
... I expected a mention of Magia Record English's end of service, heck, was certain it'd be THE focus of the article...and yet there wasnt even a mention at all.

It was mentioned at towards the end of the Sakura Wars section along with Symphogear as recent examples of mobile games that got brought over only to be mercilessly killed when the publisher decided it had failed to hook enough whales.
Villain-chan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:33 am Reply with quote
KefkaesqueXIII wrote:
Thanks to EBA, "Your the Inspiration" is one of those songs that will make me tear up just about any time I hear it. The goofy game about secret agents helping people help themselves out of ridiculous situations through the power of music had no right to smash me over the head with feels like that.

Villain-chan wrote:
... I expected a mention of Magia Record English's end of service, heck, was certain it'd be THE focus of the article...and yet there wasnt even a mention at all.

It was mentioned at towards the end of the Sakura Wars section along with Symphogear as recent examples of mobile games that got brought over only to be mercilessly killed when the publisher decided it had failed to hook enough whales.
*Checks* Ah, so it did, a very brief mention, which is better than nothing but EASILY missed...
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:40 pm Reply with quote
TranceLimit174 wrote:
All I want from TGS is for SNK to show something for KOF XV.

TGS is the only opportunity left, and SNK said they would have something “very soon.”

You mean aside from SNK themselves showing off the game outright?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1