• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Microsoft Unveils Xbox Series S Console for November 10 Release

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
-SP-

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:40 pm Reply with quote
$299 but with only a 512 GB SSD, which will run out of space with 2-3 games.
hikura

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:48 pm Reply with quote
-SP- wrote:

A bit more than that but not many more.Plus i bet it couldn't be upgraded by the customer/
-SP-

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:50 pm Reply with quote
hikura wrote:
-SP- wrote:

A bit more than that but not many more.Plus i bet it couldn't be upgraded by the customer/

Yeah I was being sarcastic. I believe Microsoft said they would be partnering with Seagate to make proprietary SSD's for the Series X, so it's probably the same for the Series S
hikura

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:02 pm Reply with quote
My biggest beef digital only devices is that many places do not have access to high speed internet.They might a good speed dsl but that barely if at all cover it.
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:57 pm Reply with quote
I absolutely loved the meme response microsoft did on twitter last night when it was leaked early. But yeah this whole exclusively digital thing ain't my cup of tea for Sony or
Top Gun

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:07 pm Reply with quote
If you hold it over your head outside your girlfriend's window while blasting "In Your Eyes," will she get back together with you?
Sheenoobuu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:03 am Reply with quote
It took me half the video to realize they were showing the S and no the X.
now that $300 price makes sense.
if the X was that price then that would be a hell of a business strategy since they would be losing so much money, yet everyone would feel kinda obligated to buy it compared to the 400-500 price that the PS5 will have to be.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:31 am Reply with quote
One thing that I've taken away from the specs of this model is that a lot of the commentary I've watched saying that teraflops is less important than how the whole system works together seems to hold up. I don't think Microsoft would simultaneously make one with around 12 and another with around 4 teraflops GPU if they didn't expect it to be a worthwhile improvement over current consoles. Obviously, there will be compromises, but I can't see them setting themselves up for years of reviews saying a game under performs on Series S or developers saying they were held back by the hardware or decided not to make an Xbox version because it made too many compromises. The simple numbers might grab attention better than an in-depth explanation of how the system works as a whole, but it isn't the whole picture.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1