• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Discotek Licenses Dancouga, Lupin III: Twilight Gemini, A Thousand & One Nights Anime, Mor

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pirateaddict
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:36 am Reply with quote
YES! Hanasakeru Seishonen, I've waited so long thinking that an official release of this would never happen and now it's here. Can't wait to buy this one. I would have loved to see this one dubbed, amazing characters and great story.
kae kurono

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:36 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Dancouga will be available with English subtitles. The release will include all 38 television anime episodes as well as the Dancougar: Requiem for Victims and Dancougar: Blazing Epilogue original video anime (OVA) projects.

I didn't think this would happen so excited. Wait but what about the other two God Bless Dancouga & Jūsenkitai Songs OVA's?
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:55 am Reply with quote
HANASAKERU SEISHOUNEN. Man, what awesome news this morning.
loveliver

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:30 am Reply with quote
This article title shouldn't include DanCouga nor A Thousand and One Nights. DanCouga was already released by Discotek on DVD (although this Blu-ray marks the licensing announcement of most of the OVAs?) and A Thousand and One Nights was already announced at Anime Lockdown last May.
NJ_

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:15 am Reply with quote
loveliver wrote:
This article title shouldn't include DanCouga nor A Thousand and One Nights. DanCouga was already released by Discotek on DVD (although this Blu-ray marks the licensing announcement of most of the OVAs?) and A Thousand and One Nights was already announced at Anime Lockdown last May.

Plus they were already reported when originally announced.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-04-14/discotek-licenses-psybuster-dancouga-mecha-anime/.114854
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-05-03/discotek-licenses-detective-conan-episode-one-love-hina-again-s-cry-ed-anime/.159099

kae kurono wrote:
Wait but what about the other two God Bless Dancouga & Jūsenkitai Songs OVA's?

Can't speak for Jūsenkitai Songs but God Bless Dancouga is under a different licensor in Japan as that one is handled by Toho so they would have to get the license from them.
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:23 am Reply with quote
Great only 4 years after crunchyroll promised to release big order on home video lol

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/07/01-1/crunchyroll-to-bring-kabaneri-of-the-iron-fortress-and-more-to-blu-ray-dvd
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:05 am Reply with quote
Big Order is a complete disaster of an anime, but delightfully so. It's so trashy. I might get it.

Secret of Twilight Gemini, on the other hand, is just plain trash. But I guess Discotek wants to put out everything Lupin, both good and bad (and there's plenty of both).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
NJ_

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:28 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Secret of Twilight Gemini, on the other hand, is just plain trash. But I guess Discotek wants to put out everything Lupin, both good and bad (and there's plenty of both).

And they even pulled a Street Fighter II with this one including FUNi's edited dub as an extra.

Two times the trash that is Sonny as Loopin the Nerd on one disc.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1