• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Discotek Licenses Rose of Versailles, Hajime no Ippo, Project A-Ko Anime

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:10 pm Reply with quote
They haven't finished the live stream and you just leaked the Konosuba announcement... Nice job ANN...

Edit: Okay now it's over, just got ahead of them by about 7 minutes Very Happy

Anyways looking forward to Ippo, Versailles, and Konosuba 2. I confess I really don't know any of the other series.

Last edited by LegitPancake on Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Discotek went way longer than they expected, and places like ANN had to be told to hold off on publishing. It's an understandable leak, since the panel went over 2 hours long, which was likely not expected.

Anyway, a lot of great announcements to be found here. Definitely glad to finally replace my Geneon DVDs for Hajime no Ippo, and I'll also replace my Black Heaven DVDs for the Blu-Ray.
Ingraman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:20 pm Reply with quote
I haven’t looked at my Legend of Black Heaven DVDs from Pioneer since shortly after they were released, but I have the first disc on a shelf showing some highlights from my anime library. It was a fun show that wasn’t too well animated. I like the metallic cover art cards from the release.

I still haven’t got around to watching my Nozomi DVDs in the two boxes of Rose of Versailles. Maybe I won’t get around to it, and end up watching the Blu-rays instead.

It’ll be interesting to see how Project A-ko turns out.
wmderemer
It...it's not like I post for you or anything!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Project A-Ko BD is a DAY ONE purchase for me!
Top Gun

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:29 pm Reply with quote
Real talk, Discotek licenses things far faster than I can possibly buy them. Give a guy some breathing room! D:
loveliver

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:29 pm Reply with quote
Project A-Ko is NOT a new license for Discotek. They released this back on DVD years ago. License announced 10 years ago.
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-07-27/discotek-adds-2-galaxy-express-999-films-project-a-ko
Ataru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:31 pm Reply with quote
Not included was the Urusei Yatsura movies still coming Summer 2021-ish. Was starting to get worried they forgot.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:31 pm Reply with quote
Wow; lots of great stuff. I had a feeling Discotek was going to re-license Rose of Versailles. I will buy KONOSUBA 2 and probably Devilman Lady and RoV.
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Great announcements all around, especially Legend of Black Heaven and Submarine Super 99. I'm definitely buying both of those, the former for being something I've always wanted to watch but never found the incentive to after a poor out-of-sync audio experience, and the latter for being a never-before-subbed-into-English (fansubs included) release like Wild 7 Another whose appeal lies in its being so.
LoopyChew
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Legend of Black Heaven does not need a Blu-Ray release for any reason whatsoever. Nothing in the animation or CG merits 1080p.

I'm buying it on BD at least once. They could keep it at 480p and I'd be fine owning it on BD.
zawa113

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:50 pm Reply with quote
I'll be double dipping for Rose of Versailles! I have the LE boxes, which have lots of nice artwork in them, so I'll be holding on to those. And now, we finally, FINALLY have the manga too! Yet another good RoV year!

I just hope they can get the French dub, that'd be epic
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:51 pm Reply with quote
like most discotek licensing announcements, most of these are things I've never seen and/or have very little interest in. However, this time, there are actually things I want. I will certainly get Konsuba and Symphogear. Maybe Devilman Lady. Already have Fujiko Mine, but its nice to see it licensed again
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Hajime no Ippo? That’s a buy from me without a question.
FlowerAiko

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:01 pm Reply with quote
Rose of Versailles will be a day-one purchase for me, no doubt. It's incredible how well that story holds up all these years later. Genuinely one of the best animated series of all time.
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:16 pm Reply with quote
Ingraman wrote:
I still haven’t got around to watching my Nozomi DVDs in the two boxes of Rose of Versailles. Maybe I won’t get around to it, and end up watching the Blu-rays instead.

Same here. I still have a sizeable anime DVD backlog since I prioritize watching Blu-rays. So many titles that have since gotten HD releases on BD.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4