• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation to Stream Attack on Titan The Final Season Anime With Subtitles, Dub

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:59 am Reply with quote
Not to mention, Crunchyroll will also stream AoT final season.

Anyway, I wondering how anime only people gonna react when spoiler[some well know characters will die in anime. ]

Last edited by ErikaD.D on Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:05 pm; edited 3 times in total
SP654

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Big question is when is the release date of the season, is it this October or next year?
Joa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:14 pm Reply with quote
SP654 wrote:
Big question is when is the release date of the season, is it this October or next year?

Crunchyroll's article says that it's airing this year.
Birriaman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:35 pm Reply with quote
I haven’t read anywhere how long it’s going to be. It seems to me that 12-13 episodes won’t be enough for everything they’ve got left to tell, and the trailer only shows scenes up to about midpoint of the season.

Personally, I’m curious as to how anime-only viewers will react when spoiler[they realize the Eren/Mikasa ship was sunk back in season 2.]
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Birriaman wrote:
Personally, I’m curious as to how anime-only viewers will react when spoiler[they realize the Eren/Mikasa ship was sunk back in season 2.]

Except it really wasnt since spoiler[Mikasa's answer pretty much helped push Eren into doing what he did] and spoiler[how their relationship/love for each other will more than likely factor into the ending.]
olgita

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait for the anime-only viewers to spoiler[cry about Sasha's and Hanji's death] Twisted Evil As if I didn't when I read the manga Laughing ....
Birriaman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
Birriaman wrote:

Except it really wasnt since spoiler[Mikasa's answer pretty much helped push Eren into doing what he did] and spoiler[how their relationship/love for each other will more than likely factor into the ending.]

Doesn’t really disprove my point that most all fans will be pissed about it...
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:53 pm Reply with quote
WHEN?
JonDoe

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:40 pm Reply with quote
How appropriate that one of the most popular anime of the 2010s is ending at the beginning of a new decade.
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:09 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised to hear that a different composer will be handling the final season.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Birriaman wrote:
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
Birriaman wrote:

Doesn’t really disprove my point that most all fans will be pissed about it...

But you didn't say they would be mad at it, you wanted to know how they would react.
RedSwirl

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:13 pm Reply with quote
So Adult Swim's not getting it? If I recall they SimulDub'd season 3 right?
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:24 pm Reply with quote
RedSwirl wrote:
So Adult Swim's not getting it? If I recall they SimulDub'd season 3 right?
Funimation are the ones that simuldubbed Season 3, then worked with Adult Swim/Toonami to air on TV, as they did with Seasons 1 and 2. Likely, they'll get this season as well, although it's possible that it'll be aired significantly delayed after it premiers to streamers/subscribers as to not run into issues with airing dubbed episodes, like what happened with the final handful of episodes of My Hero Academia or the second half of Jojo Part 5. Similar to what they're doing for Fire Force S2, which isn't set to air until the end of October.
Lynx Raven Raide

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am Reply with quote
AnimeLab is getting the Simulcast/Simuldub for AU/NZ too
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:45 am Reply with quote
Mappa made it look closer to the manga and the location and time jump justifes switching to a new-ish look. Cool. Things seem to be working out so far. I undertand that the very clean artstyle of the anime helped to make the show a broad success but Wit overshot a bit as it messed with the atmosphere.
Not that the first few volumes look great or anything but Isayama´s 10.000 hours at the drawing board + an army of assistants payed off. His art became legit halfway though and was missed in S3.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2