• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: D4DJ First Mix Project Reveals 8 More Cast Members

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Hidive/Sentai also announced they have digital sales and are planning to release the series on home video. https://www.hidive.com/news/2020/9/23/sentai-cues-bushiroads-d4dj-first-mix
Random Name

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:08 pm Reply with quote
"The new characters are all backup members for the franchise's six DJ units" Im not an expert in Japanese but does it explicitly say they are backups for the 6 units? Seems unlikely that some middle aged men would join a high school girls DJ unit. Since there are 8 people I would guess they are probably 2 new units that are involved with D4 Fes that the other 6 units are aiming for.
Lynx Raven Raide

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:51 pm Reply with quote
Random Name wrote:
"The new characters are all backup members for the franchise's six DJ units" Im not an expert in Japanese but does it explicitly say they are backups for the 6 units? Seems unlikely that some middle aged men would join a high school girls DJ unit. Since there are 8 people I would guess they are probably 2 new units that are involved with D4 Fes that the other 6 units are aiming for.

I thought this way at first, then realised its support cast. Through other posts, Airi Amano and Mana Kase are Scarlet Canary and Shano Himegami and Toka Takao are LynxEyes, which at this stage I'm assuming are D4DJ's equivalent of Glitter Green in Bandori: previously known (in universe) groups that are there, just not part of the main story
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1