• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: J.C. Staff Produces Edens Zero TV Anime for April 2021 Debut

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Todd_Harry08

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:45 pm Reply with quote
mooseV01 wrote:
MFrontier wrote:
JC Staff? I hope they get a good schedule going for this so it doesn't end up the slideshow Fairy Tail or some of their other shows did.

Rie Kugimiya being back as Happy is expected (will probably be the same for the dub). Takuma seems like a good fit for Shiki and I'm happy to see Mikako Komatsu as a Main Heroine.

JC Staff did not handle Fairy Tail's anime. That was A-1 with the latter two seasons being handled by A1 and BRIDGE, respectively.

and Cloverworks too.
Todd_Harry08

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:48 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
mooseV01 wrote:
MFrontier wrote:
JC Staff? I hope they get a good schedule going for this so it doesn't end up the slideshow Fairy Tail or some of their other shows did.

Rie Kugimiya being back as Happy is expected (will probably be the same for the dub). Takuma seems like a good fit for Shiki and I'm happy to see Mikako Komatsu as a Main Heroine.

JC Staff did not handle Fairy Tail's anime. That was A-1 with the latter two seasons being handled by A1 and BRIDGE, respectively.

I know, but some of the staff did work on the last two seasons.

what do you mean ? it was Bridge...
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:35 pm Reply with quote
#897978 wrote:

what do you mean ? it was Bridge...

They mean the actual people working on it. Eden's Zero's director and chief director (Yushi Suzuki and Shinji Ishihira, respectively) both worked as directors and episode directors on later seasons of Fairy Tail. Differen't studio just means they're working in a different building with potentially a different work environment.
Ultimate N

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:09 pm Reply with quote
On the one hand JC Staff have the ability to produce good animation, and are one of the most sequel happy studios out there, but even IF this first season actually does do the material justice (which in all fairness there as of right now does seem to have a strong likelihood but their anime track record still scares me) I have faith they'll just continue to make worse and worse sequels that have worse animation. I hope I'm proven wrong. If Eden's Zero's anime is good and later seasons continue to be good (and hell if by some miracle they also produce the 100 Years Quest anime and Rave Master remake and crossover movie I've always dreamed of but for now I'm good with just EZ) I will cry with as much happiness as one can be that I was wrong. PLEASE JC STAFF, PROVE ME WRONG
Morry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:07 am Reply with quote
The only thing I hope for is to not make it long running. That business model needs to die. Make quality seasons and take the time in-between to keep them that way.
Adv193

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:01 am Reply with quote
Also to note regarding Plue in Fairy Tail, while Plue was used a lot in the earlier story arcs of the series, but Plue's appearances became more scarce in the later story arcs.

I also agree that Funimation should get the licensing rights like they did with Fairy Tail.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:51 am Reply with quote
Morry wrote:
The only thing I hope for is to not make it long running. That business model needs to die. Make quality seasons and take the time in-between to keep them that way.

I think it’s pretty likely to not run continuously to the end. It wouldn’t be out of place with Fairy Tail’s anime adaptation, which took two hiatuses before it ended, though each chunk would be still be regarded as fairly long running (175, 102, 51). JC Staff has also only made 3 anime that were longer than 2 consecutive cours, none in the last 18 years. I don’t know if they’ll go full MHA (in terms of only adapting 2 cours at a time), but I think it won’t keep running continuously to the end of the manga.
Todd_Harry08

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Ultimate N wrote:
On the one hand JC Staff have the ability to produce good animation, and are one of the most sequel happy studios out there, but even IF this first season actually does do the material justice (which in all fairness there as of right now does seem to have a strong likelihood but their anime track record still scares me) I have faith they'll just continue to make worse and worse sequels that have worse animation. I hope I'm proven wrong. If Eden's Zero's anime is good and later seasons continue to be good (and hell if by some miracle they also produce the 100 Years Quest anime and Rave Master remake and crossover movie I've always dreamed of but for now I'm good with just EZ) I will cry with as much happiness as one can be that I was wrong. PLEASE JC STAFF, PROVE ME WRONG

blame the big japanese companies that doesn't give them enough time and give them unrealistic deadlines....
Ultimate N

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:02 pm Reply with quote
#897978 wrote:
Ultimate N wrote:

blame the big japanese companies that doesn't give them enough time and give them unrealistic deadlines....

Honestly in this case yeah, April seems a little too early to me. I would have preferred it come out summer at the earliest
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2