• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
General Questions / Identifying Anime.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flamewolf393

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:33 am Reply with quote
I've already tried reverse image search, tiny eye, and a couple character databases and all I can find is the meme, but no source.

[img]https://imgur.com/a/LPKZAmo[/img]
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Could you link to a page with the meme maybe? Your image didn't load since it has no .jpg tag, but even after adding one in the reply box and previewing, I'm still not seeing an image.

Imgur changed something over the last week and I just get a blank page everywhere on their site except the home page. But I can still upload images, and I can still see properly embedded images in forums, so I'm wondering if you either deleted the image or miscopied the link or something. It could still be entirely on my end, though, which is why I was wondering if you could find the image on a different site (not that I'll necessarily be able to help anyway).

Btw, are you looking for the source of the meme or the name of the character?
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:45 pm Reply with quote
The link takes me to an image of Crunchyroll's mascot character, but I don't know if that's the meme or something else.
pibburns

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:18 am Reply with quote
flamewolf393 wrote:
I've already tried reverse image search, tiny eye, and a couple character databases and all I can find is the meme, but no source.

Are you looking for the history of this character's creation? If so, the Crunchyroll site offers that information.

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-feature/2018/06/06/the-origin-of-crunchyroll-hime
flamewolf393

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:09 am Reply with quote
pibburns wrote:
flamewolf393 wrote:

Are you looking for the history of this character's creation? If so, the Crunchyroll site offers that information.

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-feature/2018/06/06/the-origin-of-crunchyroll-hime

Ah thanks. I had no idea who she was. Too bad though I wanted a new anime to watch and she looked super cute Sad
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:41 am Reply with quote
Check Burst Angel in the Encyclopedia here.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:22 am Reply with quote
^^You may want to do a little more digging on that title beyond the Encyclopedia. Its plot description:
Quote:
In a crime-ridden future Japan, Kyohei Tachibana is a peaceful student at a culinary school, dreaming of going to France for advanced study as a patissier (pastry chef). To afford the trip, he accepts a part-time job as private cook to a strange group of women - Sei, Meg, Jo and Amy. To Kyohei's astonishment, they turn out to be a band of violent mercenaries, and he finds himself in the line of fire.

And from the BD description:
Quote:
The future’s looking bleak. It’s a good thing there’s a new sheriff in town. Her name is Jo and she’s an enigma even to herself. Alongside her partners Sei, Amy, and Meg, Jo fights for the citizens who can’t defend themselves. The girls confront RAPT, a corrupt organization oppressing people on the street. They take on the secret labs that use science to create monsters out of organic matter and machines. In a city where everyone’s packing heat, these gals are on fire – and they’re the best chance the wounded city’s got.

Almost sound like two different series. Very Happy
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:21 am Reply with quote
Although Burst Angel does seem like a good candidate.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:27 pm Reply with quote
I thought so too, but if I were just going by the synopsis in the Encyclopedia I think I wouldn't be convinced. It makes it sound like a harem or harem-adjacent anime centered around a wannabe pastry chef, with shenanigans. Smile So I suggested to trilokmeia9 that they might not decide by just that.

However, given that they came back and added spam links to their post, I'm not sure how serious the inquiry was in the first place.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:11 pm Reply with quote
I've removed the post & spambotted the user.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kinshuk2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:43 am Reply with quote
I've been searching for this anime for years. It's about some organism that was sent to another planet from earth, then they returned to invade earth. I remember it having a "city x" or "city z" in the setting. There was also a part where they discovered that an ant farm could help them. I watched it when i was a kid and i don't remember if it was a movie or a series. Helpppp
Neko Deansu

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:01 am Reply with quote
Hi i'm new in here so i'm not sure where i'm suppose to post this so here i am.

The characters i remember is that first some kind of meteor/shooting star falls down to earth and the male character notices and follows it, the protagonist finds the female shining on top of the tree and later you find out that the one star/meteor was split into 2 which we're told later that is her sister.

The heroine has long orange hair i believe, she's like ultra shy and very clingy to the protagonist, she's also has amnesia of course and the protagonist has like spiky kind of brown hair and of course falls in love with her as time goes by.

The heroine has some kind of robot a little taller then human size and the heroine's sister has a small robot that's about the size of a palm, the robots are supposedly there to protect them, help them with whatever.

At some point the heroine is attacked by some kind of monster and then the protagonist appears to try and save her and awakens some kind of power to protect her.
First they think these monsters just appears at random but discover later that the monsters are after the heroine.

In the end she get's her memory back and she's fricking strong and i can't remember why but in the end the protagonist has to fight the heroine and supposedly kill her i think?

I hope that's enough for someone to help me find this anime ;-;

Found it! It's called ''This ugly yet beautiful world'' if someone else is looking for it.
thanks you guys that was fast xd

Last edited by Neko Deansu on Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:44 am Reply with quote
@ Neko Deansu: Sounds like This Ugly Yet Beautiful World to me. More detailed description at wiki.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:55 am Reply with quote
If I had seenThis Ugly Yet Beautiful World and forgotten the title, I would have come here and said, "There's this anime where a naked girl is holding a fish about the same size as her" as a clue. Wink

By the way, Gina beat me to the punch, but given my avatar it would have been more appropriate if I had answered the question!
akshakimos6

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:31 am Reply with quote
Im trying to find this older anime that i watched years ago. It's about a guy who follow this girl that gets transported to some other world/dimension, where you have to clear levels. I think she was the chosen one or something, and he just happened to follow her in, but when he goes along, she happens to be ahead of him already. So this first level I think he runs into some high level demons or something and they give him a sword or powers that let him continue up the levels to try and find her. Sorry the details are hazy. It might've been a competition thing too where you have to be chosen? Thanks
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 560 of 569