• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Shadows House Manga Gets TV Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RenimLS

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:56 am Reply with quote
Definitely great news. I’m enjoying this series and really enjoyed the duo's previous series Kuro as well.
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:14 am Reply with quote
Amazing, i didn't expect it, the manga has been enjoyable and intriguing so far. Can't wait to see how well it will turn out in anime.
Yuvelir

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:34 pm Reply with quote
I was wondering why they announced a TV anime now considering how things are just starting to get in motion. Then I realized I'm two volumes behind.

For anyone interested in the manga, a small warning: the original serialized chapters and the digital volumes are full color. Paper volumes (localized or not) are black and white. Although they aren't just the color pages with saturation set to 0; rather they take the uncolored lineart and add some screen tones when necessary (which is rarely, as the lineart is extremely intricate and most of the shadows, patterns and details are hand-drawn).
Swissman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:35 pm Reply with quote
This is excellent news. I've got the first three volumes in French so far and I like the mix of cute & detailed artwork with a dark story. I hope the anime will turn out to be good.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
harminia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:47 pm Reply with quote
I just started reading this like a week ago so this is a coincidence!
Hope they get a studio like doga kobo who can do the subtle character acting justice, because I think this would benefit from having that sort of look.
Suxinn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:25 am Reply with quote
Ooh, nice, hopefully the manga will get an English release too at this rate.

I'd also love to see their previous Kuro as animated shorts, but I think that's a very distant possibility.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:01 pm Reply with quote
The plot has me interested. I'm looking forward to the trailer to see in action.
melmouth

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Great! I've been away from anime for a couple of years, but I remember this artist's gorgous full-color magna, "Kuro" very well. I can't believe I it might be possible to see an anime of another work of theirs!

I hope Crunchyroll gets it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1