• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Maison Ikkoku Featured in American Singer-Songwriter Norah Jones' Latest Music Video

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe Vecchio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Beautiful song! Thanks to Ms. Jones for honoring what many feel is Ms. Takahashi's greatest work!

Now that my finances are better, and once the pandemic stuff is over, I hope to get my musical based on Maison Ikkoku on the stage!
catbot158

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Was surprised to see this! Didn't even think something like this would happen in the year of our Lord 2020.

However, this isn't the first time Maison Ikkoku collaborated with singer-songwriters: the anime adaptation's 2nd OP was supposed to be set to the song "Alone Again (Naturally)" by Gilbert O'Sullivan, along with another one of his songs, "Get Down" as the ED. Both songs lasted...one episode, mostly because O'Sullivan wasn't popular enough in Japan to be featured (and copyright issues, that's a given though lol).

I think Maison Ikkoku gives off a melancholic, nostalgic tone no matter what, though, and this MV proves that.
Wasureta

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:20 pm Reply with quote
Wow! Nice to see this manga again. Maison Ikkoku started my interest in Japanese culture so long ago...
-SP-

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:01 am Reply with quote
On a side not, I dont like Kyoko's character design in the manga
DeviousDybbuk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:41 am Reply with quote
This is really nice. I've always loved Norah Jones and seeing her do this collaboration is such a treat. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1