• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Takara Tomy Streams English Dub of Cap Kakumei Bottleman Net Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:40 am Reply with quote
Who made this English dub? According to the cast encyclopedia info, it seems like most of this cast are from Animax Asia dubs. I don't have any real interest n this title but I'm suddenly fascinated by this dub if this is a rare chance of an Animax dub streaming in the US.
Ryuji-Dono

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:47 am Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
Who made this English dub? According to the cast encyclopedia info, it seems like most of this cast are from Animax Asia dubs. I don't have any real interest n this title but I'm suddenly fascinated by this dub if this is a rare chance of an Animax dub streaming in the US.

In order words, Hong Kong dubs may still stand.
Primus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:

Takara Tomy Asia hired a studio (Artwood Productions) to create it. They also funded Hong Kong-produced dubs of Zoids Wild and Zoids Wild Zero for distribution in Southeast Asia.

These dubs don't have anything to do with Animax outside of using actors in Hong Kong. That channel hasn't commissioned a new English dub in years.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1