• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hiroyuki's Kanojo mo Kanojo Manga Listed With Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrainBlow

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:09 am Reply with quote
Barely been eight months.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:48 am Reply with quote
BrainBlow wrote:

Yes, but the actual release date for said anime adaptation could be over 2 years from now. The date that anime adaptation announcement is made and the actual release date are quite varied.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:15 am Reply with quote
Be interesting to see how people react to this. Is the MC a scumbag, or is it a positive portrayal of poly relationships?
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:50 am Reply with quote
BrainBlow wrote:

They have enough chapters for a short anime; or like the mangaka’s previous adapted works, having half-length ( 12 mins long) ones
John the Dark Lord

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:28 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

Be interesting to see how people react to this. Is the MC a scumbag, or is it a positive portrayal of poly relationships?

Positive... in the sense that this is a over-the-top comedy where every problem can be solved by screaming your true feelings at the top of your lungs.
Irru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:49 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
BrainBlow wrote:

Yes, but the actual release date for said anime adaptation could be over 2 years from now. The date that anime adaptation announcement is made and the actual release date are quite varied.

Color page says 2021
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Irodori Comics announced last December that it will publish Hiroyuki's "Two-Timing Fair and Square" and "Of Girls, Love, and Money" dōjin (indie) manga

Just so people don't misunderstand, this refers to the pre-publication one volume works, and not the serialization we're talking about here. The one volume work is already out in English at Irodori, but the serialization hasn't been licensed or published in English...
WANNFH

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Well, he is less of a scum and more being just a straight idiot with a bit of jerk, but he is a good at heart. But again - that's Hiroyuki type of comedy, closer to Aho Girl than to Mangaka and His Assistants - and the whole setup of poly relationship is basically played for laughs.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:47 pm Reply with quote
John the Dark Lord wrote:
Vaisaga wrote:

Positive... in the sense that this is a over-the-top comedy where every problem can be solved by screaming your true feelings at the top of your lungs.

I can get behind that Smile.

I hope they keep Ayana Taketatsu and Ayane Sakura as the girls.
encrypted12345

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:25 pm Reply with quote
John the Dark Lord wrote:
Vaisaga wrote:

I couldn't have put it better myself. It's a fun series.
Heishi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Think I would rather see more Aho Girl.
Saiphaz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

Really hard to say. Part of it portrays it as a scumbag relationship, but all of them are so dumb in how they go at it, that I can't help but be reminded of Seitokai no Ichizon, where the whole harem thing was just an excuse to have them hang out.

Then again, this is Hiroyuki we're talking about so it's not done as tastefully.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1