• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Rail Wars! Light Novels End in 20th Volume

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShanaChanTT

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:51 am Reply with quote
I liked the anime even if it was just food for the original series. shame ill never know how it ends. thats why i dislike anime adaptations. you never know if it will get another season or it was just a 1 hit wonder.
Jay_Stone

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:07 am Reply with quote
I really enjoyed the anime. What a shame that we didn't get a 2nd season. Hopefully the novels will get translated.
tywhoppity

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:14 am Reply with quote
Surprised that the light novel series is still going; as I recall, the anime really focused on the harem. Aoi was clearly Best Girl, though. Wink
MoonPhase1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:33 pm Reply with quote
tywhoppity wrote:
Surprised that the light novel series is still going; as I recall, the anime really focused on the harem. Aoi was clearly Best Girl, though. Wink

I would take Haruka myself.
topgun97

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:45 pm Reply with quote
Anyone know if the LN has been officially licensed, or if fan translators are working on it?
Sabruness

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:32 am Reply with quote
topgun97 wrote:
Anyone know if the LN has been officially licensed, or if fan translators are working on it?

As far as i am aware, i've heard nothing about any potential license nor of any fan translations. I really do hope that someone will license the novels though. To keep going for 20 volumes obviously means it went well enough for the JP publisher to not axe it.

I know they also tweaked parts of the story for the anime (precisely what, im unaware of though) so i'm curious to want to see how it was originally written
kevruth
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:01 am Reply with quote
topgun97 wrote:

It has not. I'm a member of J-Novel Club and always included it in the list of LNs that I'd like to see translated when they annually ask us.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1