• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: AnimeJapan Wants to Know What Manga You Want Animated

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookiemanstah

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:15 pm Reply with quote
is it silly to hope things like oyasumi punpun have any hopes for events like this. It seems like it's just a trendy poll for modern favs than *anything*
andramus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:47 pm Reply with quote
I've just finished revisiting Berserk. I watched the 1997 anime then the 2016/2017 series and finally the Golden Age movie trilogy which was my first time watching. Then I spent the next couple of weeks re-reading the manga which hadn't progressed much since the last time I read it close to 10 years ago.

It was the 97 anime that got me into Berserk a bit over 10 years ago and after having seen the Golden Age movie trilogy I honestly think it's still the best animated adaptation the manga has had so far. In spite of some of the flaws that I picked up on during my second viewing.

If I could have my preference I would like to see the Black Swordsman and Lost Children arcs adapted. For that matter animated in a similar style to the 97 anime. Bring back the original team and give them some more money to work with than they had the first time around.
Heishi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Maybe that recently released KnM sequel manga, maybe?

Or any manga involving large muscular women and being 98 percent part of the cast?
Tenchi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Is it limited to manga that haven't received an anime adaptation in the past so that I can't just vote for a new season of Minami-ke or Gabriel DropOut (preferably with Masahiko Ohta as director for both shows)?

If I feel like attempting to piece together a coherent message in Japanese (which involves a lot of checking grammar books and then copying and pasting because I don't have the ability to write a straight message in Japanese on this PC but I also don't trust Google Translate not to mess up the meaning of what I intend to write), I'd probably vote for Wakame Konbu's Jahy-sama Won't Be Discouraged but I don't know if "because I like comedies with devil girls who are ultimately good people" is a sufficient reason since I think the bottom panel requires that you justify your vote.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ninjamitsuki

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:20 pm Reply with quote
As far as I know it's only for manga released in 2020. Sad

...But screw it, I'm putting in Trimax anyway
Tenchi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:23 pm Reply with quote
If it's limited to manga released in 2020, I guess I'd pick a different manga by Wakame Konbu, My Recently-Hired Maid is Suspicious, but, unlike Jahy-sama, I don't think there's quite enough source material for a full 12-episode "cour" yet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
The_Daytona_500

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Tenchi wrote:
Is it limited to manga that haven't received an anime adaptation in the past so that I can't just vote for a new season of Minami-ke or Gabriel DropOut (preferably with Masahiko Ohta as director for both shows)?

If I feel like attempting to piece together a coherent message in Japanese (which involves a lot of checking grammar books and then copying and pasting because I don't have the ability to write a straight message in Japanese on this PC but I also don't trust Google Translate not to mess up the meaning of what I intend to write), I'd probably vote for Wakame Konbu's Jahy-sama Won't Be Discouraged but I don't know if "because I like comedies with devil girls who are ultimately good people" is a sufficient reason since I think the bottom panel requires that you justify your vote.

It is limited to manga that don't have any sort of adaption (including OVAs like Boukyaku Battery), however only the title and author's name fields are required (I just filled it for 命がけでもたりないのさ filling in in only the first 2 fields and the application went through).
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Man, I have been hoping for a TV anime version of the romcom manga "Pastel" for year (at least 6 years).
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:18 pm Reply with quote
I'd pick Sousou no Frieren (Frieren at the Funeral). No contest.
Firefly251

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:30 pm Reply with quote
oh how i wish world ebryo would get animated.
RachelBee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Just voted for 10 Dance by Inoue Satoh, because everything Welcome To the Ballroom tried to do, it does better, and also with BL
xxmsxx

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:02 pm Reply with quote
Strategic voting: putting down something that will likely win.

The Apothecary Diaries. Passed 11 million in total sales this month, anime adaptation is definitely on the way, but no public announcement yet. So voting for this one.
Neohybrid_kai

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:16 pm Reply with quote
Though its a slim chance but I voted Yukionna to Kani wo Kuu
The manga got me hooked I read 6 volumes in a single night
HuuskerDu

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Honkai Impact 3rd needs an anime sooooo much.

Yes, I know the mangas are basically just advertisements for the mobile gacha game. But the game has incredible extended cut scenes and soundtracks that are better than 98% of typical shounen animes out there, and with miHoYo paying top-tier YouTube anime reviewers like Gigguk and Misty Chronexia to shill it you gotta wonder why miHoYo hasn't commissioned an adaptation yet.

The CG work that Wonderium is doing has a fluidity of motion and an emotional depth that is amazing, with extended cut scenes like Reburn, Will of the Herrscher and Final Lession (with an incredible ending soundtrack) that could be strung together as-is with only some intermediate scenes that would kick most shounen fight animes to the curb.

The main risk in an adaptation is over-packing too much material in 13 episodes (see Rewrite). They need to get rid of 90% of the corpus and dump all the side plots and the cross-arcs and just focus on Kiana and her relationship with Mei.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:36 pm Reply with quote
I’d love to see an anime adaptation of Komi Can’t Communicate. I believe that it’s been brought up that this is fairly wanted by fans.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2