• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Familia Chronicle Episode Freya

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soulwarfare

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:07 pm Reply with quote
It's all right. I've read it and it's certainly entertaining enough but I don't really feel like re-reading it.

It's definitely good to read this one before Danmachi Volume 16 ever comes out in English as a lot of things here lead up to that.
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:04 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Syr is a formal member of Freya Familia. Sadly, her short piece does not elaborate on exactly what her status is within the familia, although it strongly implies again that she has a high status within the familia because of a special relationship with Freya. This revelation causes a lot of little details in both the main storyline and side stories concerning Syr (and the Hostess of Fertility) to make more sense and raises the questions of whether Syr's behavior is deliberately patterned off of Freya's and whether her interest in Bell is independent of Freya's.

Heavy spoiler
But you're a bit off about Syr.
spoiler[Freya takes the form of Syr(which is often)-The Syr whom works at the inn and interacts with Bell is Freya. The real Syr stay mostly in Babel- and is a female Freya Family elite- when Freya is in Syr's form, Syr takes on Freya's form]
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:22 am Reply with quote
Why the **** did I read that spoiler. Dammit.

Now to reread Volume 1 I guess. Anyways nice to know this side story's a good read, I'll have to pick it up at some point.
GhostD

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:25 am Reply with quote
I wish YP would release vol 16 early next year. I've already known the plot and the big reveal for weeks now but there are some pretty juicy bits and details I want to know more about too

Last edited by GhostD on Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:14 am Reply with quote
FilthyCasual wrote:
Why the **** did I read that spoiler. Dammit.

Now to reread Volume 1 I guess. Anyways nice to know this side story's a good read, I'll have to pick it up at some point.

sorry if the 'heavy spoiler' wasn't enough of a warning.

Advice: If you're not ready to learn about Bell's parentage, stay away from Memoria Freeze's extra story..
GhostD

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:19 am Reply with quote
The conclusion of Ali's story reveals she produced an heir in the future. I can imagine how things went down considering her circumstances. She found another woman she could trust with her secret and married her to keep up appearances while secretly having a male lover. Then Ali disappeared from the public eye during her pregnancy and showed her face again after giving birth. Of course, this is assuming she chose to keep her secret until the end. Makes me think her story might have been inspired by one of the 1001 Arabian Nights stories though I don't know any of them except Aladdin and Ali Baba.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Nordhmmer wrote:

Advice: If you're not ready to learn about Bell's parentage, stay away from Memoria Freeze's extra story..
I already watched it; surprisingly strong story from a mobage; the full voice acting really helps.
GhostD

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:48 pm Reply with quote
FilthyCasual wrote:
Nordhmmer wrote:

I already watched it; surprisingly strong story from a mobage; the full voice acting really helps.

Honestly this would have been the ideal Danmachi story to turn into a movie. This or Argonaut
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1