• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Limited Acquires Black Lagoon and Penguindrum

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Erufailon4

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Region B release of Bookworm?! A surprise to be sure, but a very much welcome one
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:39 pm Reply with quote
I'm happy to hear about Penguindrum, it currently only has a DVD release, and I've heard it is bad. I didn't no idea the Kaze release of Black Lagoon had gone out of print.
yurihellsing

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Wonder if they make the same mistake as Manga ent as not include the Omake in their release of Black Lagoon.
finlands-beret

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:26 pm Reply with quote
yurihellsing wrote:
Wonder if they make the same mistake as Manga ent as not include the Omake in their release of Black Lagoon.

If they can get it, they probably will add them. AL usually go above and beyond, getting whatever they can for their releases, after all.
Nilrem

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:55 pm Reply with quote
finlands-beret wrote:
yurihellsing wrote:

If they can get it, they probably will add them. AL usually go above and beyond, getting whatever they can for their releases, after all.

I wasn't even aware of the omake (or it's been so long that i've forgotten), really happy to see ATA getting these and doing new releases, and as you say they usually go above and beyond with their releases, which is part of the reason it seems that about 60% of my anime purchases for the last few years have been their titles.
NJ_

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:22 am Reply with quote
The Omakes were exclusive to the Japanese Blu-ray releases and FUNi not getting them here was a pretty big strike against their release, especially when they released that ammo box Limited Edition years later with nothing new disc-wise.
yeehaw

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Will I finally be able to watch Penguindrum!?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1