• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Netflix Debuts Transformers: War for Cybertron Trilogy - Earthrise Series on December 30

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrSatyre

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:40 am Reply with quote
Hard pass.

I've never understood Transformers' appeal. You're a race of super-powerful machine AI, and you choose to look like trucks and boom boxes? And you just sit around doing nothing until you're needed by a puny, squishy human?
The Not so Chosen One

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:43 pm Reply with quote
MrSatyre wrote:
Hard pass.

I've never understood Transformers' appeal. You're a race of super-powerful machine AI, and you choose to look like trucks and boom boxes? And you just sit around doing nothing until you're needed by a puny, squishy human?

That's a pretty dumb and reductive take.
lostrune

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:53 am Reply with quote
MrSatyre wrote:
Hard pass.

Well like many of these franchises, it depends on the iteration. All the good series give a reason why they have alt forms, mainly as camouflage or transportation. But yeah, some of the lazier incarnations just make it out to be a Cars situation if they don't care.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1