• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya Drei!! Manga Ends 3rd Part, Story Continues

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rdImpakt

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:19 am Reply with quote
Not that it's that big a deal, but I think you mean that "Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya has ends third part" being Drei...not that Drei has ended its third part.

Also excited to see which direction the story takes from here. I guess it's safe to guess the new film that was announced will end where the last chapter of the manga ended.
Catsplay

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:48 am Reply with quote
Yeah the wording is confusing but based off chapter 60's crazy ending it would make more sense to say Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya 3rei itself ended (Since it's Part 3 of the Prisma Illya story). I absolutely loved Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya 3rei, it was one of the balliest and darkest Fate storylines in the entire franchise. That ending cemented it as one of the all time greats and I absolutely have no idea where it's going to go when the story picks back up.

I'm depressed but excited for when the story picks back up next year (I wonder if it will be called 4ier now?) but I'm left wondering who is still even alive after that ending? I can't wait to see the rest of 3rei animated in the new movie at the very least! Illya is going to get some great moments there <3
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:35 am Reply with quote
^All is said, 3rei has outdone itself from beginning to end and with such a cliffhanger everything can happen, 4th cannot come soon enough.
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:43 am Reply with quote
I was thinking about how there has been a draught of good Type-Moon material this year, especially with the past delays with Heaven's Feel, and only now I realized that we at least still have Prisma Illya.
ShanaChanTT

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:19 am Reply with quote
wow no end in sight.

maybe we can get an animated updated saber/ fate arc one day.
TichoSlicer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:41 am Reply with quote
Cool, now we need another season ;___;
ghost47

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:55 am Reply with quote
I'm nearly 100% sure 3rei is not ending yet.

At the end of the chapter it says it will be continued in the next issue. Nothing about part 3 ending.

Nothing's been posted about it ending on either the Comp Ace twitter or Hiroyama Hiroshi's twitter.

In the author's comments section (https://bookwalker.jp/de5dd7fc21-305a-4be8-8dc6-f15bf8641cd2/ you can see it in the preview here) Hiroyama says 第三部完ッ!いえ大丈夫です。まだ続きます (Part 3 complete! No, don't worry. Still going.) This very much seems like he's joking that part 3 is done, as he reassures us it's continuing straight after. While this could mean that it's moving on to part 4, with the above two points, I'm fairly certain that it isn't ending yet.
Catsplay

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:24 am Reply with quote
TichoSlicer wrote:
Cool, now we need another season ;___;

We have the upcoming movie that was confirmed months back that's going to adapt chapters 44-60 of the 3rei manga (and end on the same cliff hanger), there's not enough material for another season so a movie is the next best thing.
OtherSideofSky

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:55 am Reply with quote
Hopefully that means volume 12 will get a release date soon. I've got no good way to read the chapters as they release in the magazine, and it's getting harder to avoid spoilers.
Calsolum

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:14 pm Reply with quote
This is great news, I'm not fully caught up on 3rei but I'm happy to hear that there's more to come.

I only hope that what comes next is of the same quality in terms of storytelling.
sho52

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:06 pm Reply with quote
ghost47 wrote:
I'm nearly 100% sure 3rei is not ending yet.

(Hopefully this is not considered necroposting since the related ANN news article is the first Google result on whether 3rei has ended or not, and it was completely wrong...)

Damn, I went all the way through 3rei last two days since I thought it's over based on this ANN news article, without looking at the discussion thread carefully. You're 100% right. I have no idea where the editor who wrote this piece of news got this info from... Sigh. I can't locate the page where the authors' comments are in the magazine, but if the editor based the news on the sentence "第三部完ッ!いえ大丈夫です。まだ続きます", it's not that hard to comprehend that Hiroyama Hiroshi meant that the story is to be continued and is far, far from over, smh. (I mean, we still don't even know who Tanaka is lmao.)

Welp, at least I got to finish the story at a sectional climax I guess, instead of coming in at say a few chapters earlier. Since I'm already in this far, I'll probably have to eagerly wait for the release of a comic magazine every month from now on lol, something I've never done in my life. Hopefully the OVA will also replicate the battle scenes in an epic way.

P.S.: On a second thought, maybe the news itself was correct in that "the third part (i.e. chapters 44-60) of 3rei has ended" (confusing, I know), but the first two commentators here mistakenly interpreted it as saying "3rei as a whole has ended", and I was misled by that. Sigh.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1